PDA

View Full Version : Home Insurance

hbomb1
09-02-2009, 10:39 AM
My home insurance is due for renewal and I have been looking at various companies, however most of them charge massive amounts because I am a childminder.

Can anyone recommend any insurers - have got quotes through NCMA and Sheila's Wheels already.

Everything seems so expensive lately :(

Noodles
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
i have mine through direct line and they didnt charge me any more for being a childminder

sarah707
09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I am using the NCMA one this year it came up cheapest.

last year I was with Morton Michel.

I think they've all hiked their prices.

Ncma you can pay monthly and it doesn't cost extra which makes a big difference to me :D

rickysmiths
09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I renewed with Churchill in December, been with them for years and they don't charge extra for childminders. They had some good deals on line then and I managed to beat down my renewal quote by £300!!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

I used Go Compare to get the on line quotes.

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Mine is with Natwest.......didn't make any difference to them that I'm a childminder.

hbomb1
09-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone. We have decided to go with Sheila's Wheels at a cost of £219 for the year.

singlewiththree
19-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Mine is due too. I'm getting quotes but How do you work out what cover you need? Last year I just went along with what my ex had already taken out the previous year but I want to change this year but haven't a clue what to put for building/contents and the previous poliicy is very vague.