PDA

View Full Version : sickness

marion123
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
please help i have a baby who is 11months old parents phones last night to say he has bronculitis (dont know how to spell it) do i keep minding baby or not never had this illness before dad is coming this morning with my money so i need to let him know then thanks

PixiePetal
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I would have thought he would be pretty rough and need to be at home anyway ?

crazybones
09-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I personally wouldnt. I remember when my son had it and Dr. stressed to me that any change in breathing and I had to take him straight to hospital. Although this was 10 years ago and thinking may have changed bronchiolitis can get worse very quickly.

marion123
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I would have thought he would be pretty rough and need to be at home anyway ?

you would think so but they are always bringing baby when sick phone them and it takes an hr to pick up only work round the corner even bring baby when not working but pick up late its a shame shall i tell them i cant have baby all week

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
2 of mine ended up in hospital with this.

They were tiny babies at the time, Lydia was 9 weeks old and was a prem baby, she'd only been home for 5 weeks. She had to go back to feeding tubes as she refused to eat and had to go in an oxygen tent.

It's a very nasty viral chest infection and I would never consider minding a baby that has it. Their condition can change very rapidly, they should be with their parents and be monitored closely.

huggableshelly
09-02-2009, 10:00 AM
I wouldnt ... its the parents duty to care for their ill children not ours.

marion123
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
thanks ladies i will tell dad i cant take the responsiblity of baby while got it this site is great i dont know what i would do without you all :)

Daftbat
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I would refuse to have child. Its a nasty illness and any change in him could mean you going to hospital. I don't understand parents who would not want to be with their child who is sick and so young.

LOOPYLISA
09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
He must be feeling pretty rough i know i did, i then caught phumonia just after, personally i would say no he will be better tucked up in the warm rather than having to come out in this x

Heaven Scent
09-02-2009, 11:56 AM
No I wouldn't take responsibility for a child with this - this is one childhood illness that even GP's take seriously (:rolleyes: )

He needs to be closely monitored and taken straight to hospital if his condition changes even slightly. Don't let them con you into having him - I'd have a disclaimer typed up ready in case they did try to drop him off to show just how serious it it - I think they would have second thoughts about it if faced with something that looks official and legal actually I'd make it so that you could take action against them for post traumatic stress if anything were to happen to their child if they should leave him in your care whilst ill - this would be taking taking the p*** to an extremely high plane.

He would need to be in a steam filled room and be fed plenty of liquids and more importantly he will need constant TLC from his mum or dad and not his childminder as much as I bellieve you would be brilliant with the auld TLC - its his parents duty to dole it out now.

People like this make me :angry: