PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the snow now!

wellybelly
09-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Ok it looks beautiful from where Im sat and the kids love to play in it and build snowmen, but as a childminder, responsible for 6 little ones on a school run, Im sick of it now.

We've had none of our roads or paths gritted, there are steep hills and slopes everywhere in my village and its so dangerous. One of my mindees fell over Friday and hurt her back. I had to abandon the school run and call school etc to say i'll be late.

Everyone was slipping and sliding all over the place. Today is fresh snow, so not too bad to walk in but tomorrow it will be icey again. A childminder in my village has refused to do the school run because its so dangerous, and parents are happy with that. Shes having them all day at a reduced fee. Really starting to think I should do the same.

Moan moan moan - I sound like Victor Meldrew! But Im so frightened something will happen and I'll be to blame.

angeldelight
09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I know what you mean but .......

I love it, love it, love it , love it

I want more haha

Angel xx

emler
09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
I've had enough of the snow now too. It looks lovely at first but when it freezes over I have a nightmare walk to school too. I want rain to wash it all away :laughing:

wellybelly
09-02-2009, 09:47 AM
School run finished at 8.50 and my poor neighbour is still trying to get her her flashy BMW up our close. Its all over the place. Id have given up at 8.55 myself lol!

huggableshelly
09-02-2009, 09:58 AM
I've just done school run in the car, it was a nightmare. I drove part way then walked the rest due to the icey side roads.

The teachers were in the playground to assist those with pushchairs and there was an extra lollypop lady too.

Bananabrain
09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
I had my nine year old mindee in tears last week because I wouldn't let him skid on the ice in the playground.Felt really mean but I am always paranoid that a child in my care will have an accident and it will be my fault.

Nuff snow already:laughing:

chels55
09-02-2009, 10:33 AM
The snow is all gone here, im praying for more lol

jibberjitz
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Its melting here too :(

Liz

PixiePetal
09-02-2009, 06:01 PM
We have had constant rain all day. Got soaked :(

2 snowmen still trying to hold on in the garden, this rain if it continues will see them off :laughing:

Twinkles
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Ours has been gone now for several days , just wet and cold now :(

Ready for more snow now please :D

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 06:28 PM
All our snow has gone now apart from the sorry looking snowmen.

We've had rain all day, heavy rain. I live in a town that floods unfortunatly. If we get anymore rain tonight we'll be in for a big flood. I live on a hill so my house doesn't get flooded, my garage is prone to flooding so everything is raised off the floor.

FizzysFriends
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
We still have lots of snow around but its been raining all afternoon and the snow is melting.

sarah32
09-02-2009, 06:39 PM
Ive had enough now.

Nightmare walking round to school this morning with my two and 3 toddlers, all had to walk as not able to use buggy as snow still too deep.

Raining at moment so hoping it washes it away