PDA

View Full Version : HOW UNFAIR THAT WE CAN NOT GET FREE RESOURCES - RED NOSE DAY

angeldelight
09-02-2009, 08:40 AM
I tried to join this the other day to get some free early learning resources

But they would not allow it so I emailed them

They told me " Because I am not a school that the free resources do not apply "

But it also says they are free to early learning groups so I emailed them again - but being ONLY A CHILDMINDER does not make me part of an early learning group - so they say !!

How unfair

http://www.rednoseday.com/verify_teacher

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Whats the number Angel? Think we should all give them a little call:)

That is grossly unfair - we all do our bit

angeldelight
09-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I am unsure of the number

But this is the email address

schools@rednoseday.com

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
09-02-2009, 08:49 AM
http://www.rednoseday.com/do_something/early_years_group/learning_activities

try here for some resources

angeldelight
09-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Yes I did that already Pip I have those resources but I am on about a free pack that you can get for the kids

Our school told me to contact them on this website because they send you out some fab freebies for the kids
But like I have found out - they are just for schools or if you are a nursery
Not if you are a childminder

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
09-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Have seen that too Angel:mad: Have emailed and I might follow it up with a phone call a bit later when I get back from the drop in. Its disgusting that such a big organisation ignores all types of early years providers (ie/us)

huggableshelly
09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
another site that looks down on childminders!

we have to provide education under ofsted and fall under the same EYFS as other establishments.

I'm going to email too, maybe the more of us who contact them the more they will consider including us ... if not then battle discrimination against childminders wanting to help with red nose day events.

lol I'm not one of these to stand on picketlines either just rattles me a little when we are classed as being on a level with nurseries one minute and not for the next!

Lincsminder
09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I've tried aswel but have included my OFSTED number, I'm fed up of this happening they all expect us to do the same as a nursery etc but no one will recognize it when we do.

Twinkles
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
We should threaten them with the 'Minders Mafia'.... just ask Sainsburys :D

Heaven Scent
09-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I've e-mailed them using my Montessori umbrella and entered that I am a teacher - lets wait and see if they let me have anything.

I've entered Super Stars Montessori in the Establishment name but must have accidently left out the word Childminder - wonder how that happened :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;)

Anyway lets wait and see.;)

Thanks for the link Angel - its worth a try even if nothing comes of it.

Blaze
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I've sent a LONG email!:angry: ;)

loocyloo
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
hmmm

i've also applied, using my house name as name of establishment !!!!

but i have said i am a registered childminder and in the 'message box' put this ...

i am an ofsted registered early years provider ( URN ) and provide education and care for up to 10 children on a weekly basis. i have to abide by all the same rules and regulations as any nursery or school reception class, and am legally obliged to follow and implement the early years foundation stage.

i'll see what happens too!

xxx

beerheaven
09-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for that Angel.
Makes me mad too!
I am definitely going to e-mail too!!
Childminder power!!

sparkibobs
09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Great minds must think alike loocyloo :idea: just put very similar on my comments form :D
Debs
x

rickysmiths
09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I did a post as Pauline closed down the site!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow I dont know what the bother is. I phoned and said I was a Registered Childminder and they are sending me A Fund Raising kit and a Kids Kit.:clapping: :clapping:

Try phoning this number : 0207 820 5555

angeldelight
09-02-2009, 04:08 PM
I did a post as Pauline closed down the site!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow I dont know what the bother is. I phoned and said I was a Registered Childminder and they are sending me A Fund Raising kit and a Kids Kit.:clapping: :clapping:

Try phoning this number : 0207 820 5555

Maybe after all the complaints today they decided to give in by the time you got to asking ?

Well done lets hope you get the pack then

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
I have asked for a pack and in the employer section I put "Professional Childcarer" and in the message I wrote saying that I was an accredited childminder under Ofsted - haven't heard anything back yet

Annie_T
09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
rudeness ... we must only have older children and adults then x

jibberjitz
09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
That is really unfair :(

Liz

angeldelight
14-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Did anyone hear from this website ?

Angel xx

Trouble
14-02-2009, 10:15 AM
ive already bought all my red nose day stuff from sainsburys

if id of seen this thread i would of set up a strike with all the members and told them we refuse to buy anything until we go on there list of people who get packs then hopefully they would of been embarrased enought to give them us:D

Pipsqueak
14-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Sorry guys, forgot to mention (I think), that I emailed them and they have asked for my address to send me the resources:clapping:

so get emailing:clapping:

Heaven Scent
14-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Not heard a dickie bird from them.

angeldelight
14-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Not heard a dickie bird from them.

I havent either

Angel xx

Hebs
14-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I think a mass email to watchdog is needed to shame them into including us!