08-02-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/deliveringservices/contactpoint/

what do we all think?

What is on it?
ContactPoint will list the name and contact details for:

- all children in England up to age 18
- their parents and carers
- professionals and services working with a child

As a childcare professional I think the principle of it is good, but as a parents i am not happy that I have no say that my kids details are stored in this way without my consent

jacky
09-02-2009, 09:04 AM
i was reading about this recently as well. i am in two minds as to whether it is a good thing or not. yes i agree in principal that it is a good idea but if that info got into the wrong hands well who knows what could happen. i also do not lke the idea that my childrens details and mine will be listed on this site.:(

angeldelight
09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
I have also been reading about this and agree with you

Thanks for the link Pip

Very interesting

Angel xx

huggableshelly
09-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I was wondering if anything would be done about this.

Personally with a certain child I care for I am in agreement with this idea but at the same time I feel the contact that I have with other proffesionals is good and the "team" working with the child and family are continously talking to eachother anyway.

As a parent I'm not so sure, I do not understand why all children need to be on the system. Yes my Son due to his additional needs but no to my daughter so doesnt or has never needed anything more than what is classed as a normal system though I do not like using the word normal as there is nothing that defines normallity.

FizzysFriends
09-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I have applied for our details to be sheilded.

jacky
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
how do you do that is there a link

FizzysFriends
10-02-2009, 01:16 PM
You have to do it through your local authority. Its very hard to track down someone to do it for you, I asked the head teacher at DD's school to sort it for me.

FizzysFriends
10-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Also there has to be a reason to have them sheilded, it has to be done as child protection, not because you just don't want the details on there (else most people would have them shielded I would have thought).