PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever moved house.....

Nettynoo
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Has anyone ever moved house whilst working as a childminder?? What is the process and how does it work if you have to stop whilst you move as obviously Ofsted must have to come and inspect your new setting??
Do you lose your mindees as you can't work until reinspected? How long does it all take??
Only asking, as I really want to separate from my husband and wondered how I will cope financially if I have to sell the house and move??!! Can't really afford to lose families (as they are all great!!) and obviously if I have no income I won't be able to get a mortgage or rent anywhere!!!!!
Any advice or experience of this would be read with great interest!!!!

RainbowMum
08-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I moved in December - Ofsted dont always re-inpsect, if your inspection isn't due in the near future and you send them a full risk assessmentof the new house they might issue a new certificate, However - they wont tell you in advance if this is definately what they will do, you are not allowed to mind at the new address until you have a certificate for it so at the least you need to allow for a few days off, I sent a risk assessment for our new house a week before we moved (when we exchanged contracts). Ofsted told me on the day we moved (friday) that a new cert had been issued and should be with me on the Monday. I had arranged the Monday off so texted parents to say I would be able to work on the Tuesday BUT the certificate did not arrive! 2 Hours on the phone to find that the certificate had been approved on Friday but not posted until the Monday GRRR! Anyway, I hope you get yourself sorted out and wish you luck xx

huggableshelly
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry I cant help with this but didnt want to look like I had ignored a post.

Good luck with the plans you have and dont forget you can always ask citizans advise for help and guidence too.

michellethegooner
09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
I moved 2 years ago and will be moving again in November, when I moved the first time I left Ofsted know inadvance, and I took a week off work for the move my cert was with me by the time I was ready for work, they didnt do a inspection. I had to send in a risk assessement and that was that.

good luck with ur plans

tammerisk
09-02-2009, 05:35 PM
my inspector said they not coming out anymore to inspect when you move you just have to do full risk assesments

SimplyLucy
09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
I've put my house on the market and was worried about having to take time off, I can't really afford to take any off!

Fingers crossed if I time it right I shouldn't have to take any time off at all!

Twinkles
09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
When I moved five years ago I just informed OFSTED and they said they'd come out and inspect when they could - it was three months :rolleyes:
But they said as long as I was happy that the house was suitable it was fine to continue minding ( I only had the weekend off :panic: ). But that was five years ago and knowing how much they love their risk assesments now they would probably ask for one.

Nettynoo
09-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you so much as I have been having sleepless nights about it all!!!! Don't want to let 6 families down or go without an income!!!! Still got two little girls of my own to try and feed and rehouse!!!!! Am not looking forward to the day I tell Hubby or my girls!!!! Thanx for the advice about Citizens Advice as well, didn't realise they could help with separation/divorce!!!

sarah707
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
You will find the first 3 months the worst ... the children want their father (usually) and you are on your own when things go wrong which can turn into a nightmare. You will (if you are anything like me) have more sleepless nights and keep checking and re-checking your budget just to make sure.

Try and have some emergency money put by before you jump - even a month's rent and bills is better than nothing. It can stop the panic if you are delayed with things.

But... if you have made up your mind and are confident that you are doing the right thing, it can be the best thing you ever did! It was for me :D

tigger
10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I moved house last December. I wrote to Ofsted to tell them and sent a full risk assesment (the one that my local early years team use) and carried on minding as I wasn't sure of the procedure. I got a call a couple of weeks after I sent the letter and was told I couldn't mind until further notice. I told my parents and as it was close to Christmas I had about a weeks wait until my new registration certificate came through. They were quite quick and I got an unexpected upaid holiday. Not quite sure how it will work next time though!:)