PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Banana sick out of carpet?

tigger
08-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi there I have a little bit of a problem, dd was sick over the carpet after eating a banana. I put shaving foam on it and pick up most of the banana and slimey stuff. I washed it with a bit of detergent and water but now it dried it looks awful. Does anybody have any wonderful ideas on how to get this nice brown stain off the carpet?

Daftbat
08-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I use wet wipes for everything, they are brilliant at getting things out. Other than that i would shampoo the carpet.

sarah707
08-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Ewwww poor you! I remember that smell :(

I find wet wipes usually work ...

Or I had my carpets done professionally last year and I was very impressed by the results.

Or you can hire the cleaners from B&Q ...

Or can a friend can loan you a vax?

Good luck!

PixiePetal
08-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I bought myself a Bissell cleaner. Almost the best buy ever, only outdone by my Bissell spot cleaner. Not as throrough but fantastic for little accidents!

Do my sitting room carpet all over twice a year - that's where I work, and spot clean as necessary. :thumbsup:

tigger
08-02-2009, 01:16 PM
:laughing: :jump for joy: I've done it, it's all clean, fresh and smelling lovely. I remembered seeing How clean is your house once and they used soda water to get up dog wee, so I thought why not try it and guess what after I put some soda water in a sprayer and sprayed the yucky area, wiping it with some white kitchen towel and kept doing it for about 2 mins it has come out and you wouldn't even know it had been there. Yippee!!! It really worked and I'm so chuffed. Thanks for all your tips, I'll use wet wipes first next time as I'm sure there'll be one !

marion123
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
glad your all clean again :)

FizzysFriends
08-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I bought myself a Bissell cleaner. Almost the best buy ever, only outdone by my Bissell spot cleaner. Not as throrough but fantastic for little accidents!

Do my sitting room carpet all over twice a year - that's where I work, and spot clean as necessary. :thumbsup:

We have a Bissell cleaner, its shared between the family. I also have a steam cleaner.

PixiePetal
08-02-2009, 02:39 PM
:laughing: :jump for joy: I've done it, it's all clean, fresh and smelling lovely. I remembered seeing How clean is your house once and they used soda water to get up dog wee, so I thought why not try it and guess what after I put some soda water in a sprayer and sprayed the yucky area, wiping it with some white kitchen towel and kept doing it for about 2 mins it has come out and you wouldn't even know it had been there. Yippee!!! It really worked and I'm so chuffed. Thanks for all your tips, I'll use wet wipes first next time as I'm sure there'll be one !

Well done, glad it's out !

Good old Kim and Aggie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: