PDA

View Full Version : Question help

chewy sweets
07-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Just a quick question. I'm in the process of registering.I'm not planning on caring for children over night however i am planning on having a sleep/rest room upstairs. Will i need a fire safety officer to come out? Please note i livve in wales and the regulations might be slightly different? If anyone can help that would be great!!!!
Also would i need a fire escape ladder?????
Sorry but this is all new to me.
Thanks
:laughing:

christine e
07-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry don't know the answer to this but hope someone comes along in the know soon

Cx

tulip0803
08-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Katie I was told that the CSSIW are reluctant to register upstairs for minding other than the bathroom. I think you will have to speak to your inspector. I am also in Carmarthenshire.

Even if you do not plan for overnight the CSSIW expect you to have a free check from the fire brigade. Phone 0800 169 1234 for Carmarthenshire Fire service free check They can give you advice. They will also replace fire alarms for free:) .

I have only the bathroom & toilet registered upstairs but I do not need a fire escape ladder. The CSSIW are reluctant to accept windows as an escpae route which is why they don't like upstairs being used.

chewy sweets
08-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Many thanks for replies!!!!!:clapping: :clapping: