PDA

View Full Version : how long do you keep planning

daisychainqueen
07-02-2009, 03:35 PM
How long do you keep your planning for?

long term plan- you can use for several years

medium term- you can use for years but might want to change

weekly plans- do you keep them all? and for how long?

Will ofsted want to see all your planning?

what do you guys normally do.

Pipsqueak
07-02-2009, 03:38 PM
i keep my planning in a separate folder - especially the more detailed activities - I also put my reflective account in with it - what worked well etc...

Not sure how long I keep it for.... we'll see when i start running out of room lol

daisychainqueen
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I guess till the folder is full or till I run out of cupboards.

Perhaps it would be usefull to keep the previous years so you can look back for reference.

I don't think you'd need to keep any more than that surely!

sarah707
07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I used to keep mine in one big folder... now it's in 2!

I keep year by year stuff so I can use it again or adapt it etc.

I keep individual planning with the children's folders and I'm not sure what to do with that tbh... it's useful for seeing what they enjoy doing and a progression of activities etc but I don't think parents will want to see it.

Maybe until the child leaves?? I haven't decided yet tbh

Mollymop
07-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I keep my weekly and monthly plans in one folder dedicated to planning. I don't know how long I will keep them though, maybe until my folder gets too full and then I will take out the older ones and keep the newer plans, etc.
I keep the children's individual monthly plans in their folders.
I give the folders to the parents when the children leave. Ofsted only want to see the plans and folders of the children that are on your books at the time of your inspection.
I did keep my ex-mindees folders, so that my inspector could see them, but she told me that she doesn't need to see them as the children are no longer with me.