PDA

View Full Version : Attendance Hours

mumtodaniel
30-01-2008, 04:31 PM
HI,

I am going to take on a child of a friend of mine for two days, her mum will drop her off about 8.15 and I will take her to nursery starts at nine in son's school and pick her up at 11.30m and keep her till six. On both days I am not going to charge for nursery time.

So how do I fill in the attendance records (NCMA ones) I leave here at 8.30 to walk to school. So do I put in 8.15 to 9.00 or 8.30, and then refill it when I get back home with her about 11.45, or when I pick her up at 11.30am.

The other thing I was unsure of is the contracts, read a few threads here when people suggest new contract when hours reduce/increase, can you not just use the same contract and amend the hours on the sheets, with the mum to sign.

Any advise appreciated

Maureen

sarah707
30-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Your attendance book is for the times the child is in your care - not the times you are in the house... so it's arrival to drop off, pick up to leaving... I just glance at my watch as they go into school then write that down when I get home later...

I don't know about the contract - I would do a new one, so it's absolutely clear what is being asked for... but then I'm a bit strange about things being clear and neat and obvious adn not open to any speculation or argument should there be a problem later on down the line! :D

Banana
30-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I use a form to attach to the contract. It's titled 'Ammendment to contract details'

Make sure the Date and any new hours are adjusted on the form and that the parent signs it.

As Sarah said, you only need to fill in the attendance record for when the child is in your care
x

mumtodaniel
30-01-2008, 06:41 PM
thanks for that, as I am not charging for nursery hours, does that mean if the child needs picking up for any reason then I cannot do this. I am happy to pick up without the cost, but not sure if I am covered.

I am only not charging for this child, as I know mum well, and am going to look after brother two full days from September, and we have agreed when his time comes to nursery that charges will be in place.

Thanks

Maureen

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 09:45 AM
thanks for that, as I am not charging for nursery hours, does that mean if the child needs picking up for any reason then I cannot do this. I am happy to pick up without the cost, but not sure if I am covered.

I am only not charging for this child, as I know mum well, and am going to look after brother two full days from September, and we have agreed when his time comes to nursery that charges will be in place.

Thanks

Maureen

I dont want to tempt fate but I hope your friendship is strongincase of any disagreements down the line, also by doing your friend a favour so to speak will she expect special treatment all the time , sorry dont want to put a dampener on things but from experience working with friends isnt always a good idea x

sarah707
31-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I dont want to tempt fate but I hope your friendship is strongincase of any disagreements down the line, also by doing your friend a favour so to speak will she expect special treatment all the time , sorry dont want to put a dampener on things but from experience working with friends isnt always a good idea x

You know something very odd... I was just coming on this thread to add that! Spooky!! :eek:

Be very careful with children of friends... it can work well but I know too many instances where it's turned into a complete nightmare of resentment and upset x

LittleMissSparkles
31-01-2008, 10:09 AM
You know something very odd... I was just coming on this thread to add that! Spooky!! :eek:

Be very careful with children of friends... it can work well but I know too many instances where it's turned into a complete nightmare of resentment and upset x

great minds Sarah x

deeb66
05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
ooohhh yes....I have to agree.....could be dangerous!!!

Lincsminder
05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I allways charge while they are at nursery that way the parent is sure the space is there and paid for on the days nursery is not open, eg school holidays, teacher training, parent appointment day, staff shortages, bad weather this list could go on for ever.