PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old not yet at school

berkschick
30-01-2008, 04:10 PM
I have had an enquiry about looking after a little boy who is already 5 but not yet at school full time. It would be monday to thursday, collect at 12pm from school and have till 5.30pm. He is from a town nearby but Mum has been let down by her current childminder and is desperate.

I can only help her if he is considered in the 5 - 8 bracket. I have spoken to some childminders at school. Some think as he is 5 then he is in the 5 - 8 bracket but another childminder said that because he is not yet at school fulltime he is in under 5 group.

What does everyone else think?

I have asked Mum to call me back tomorrow after I have researched this!

sarah707
30-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Give Ofsted a quick ring Debbie... 08456 404040, they are open til 5... it's a tricky one if he's not in school!

... and GET A NAME!!! :D

Oh and it's worth finding out why he's not in school if you don't already know as it's very unusual ...

Banana
30-01-2008, 04:15 PM
As Sarah said,

Call Ofsted......... not saying they'll be able to tell you the right answer though :rolleyes:

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 04:21 PM
haha thats true Lana haha

Angel x

berkschick
30-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Apparently he is in 5 - 8 as he is 5 :D It would only be for 6 weeks until he starts school as then he will be going to school club. But it is the 6 weeks before we go on hols so some spending money and he isnt taking up a place as he is classed as over 5. I think I have found her a minder for her baby too. Hopefully she will call me back tomorrow.

Oh and for the record, if they are 4 and in full time school, they are classed as over 5 ALL YEAR according to Rebecca at OFSTED! Thought I would ask while I was on the phone :rolleyes: