PDA

View Full Version : Oh no I feel bad

Straws
06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Hello all hope you are all enjoying the snow

I had a lady come visit me on tuesday for a baby 2 days a week, I just had a feeling that summat was not right, anyway cut along story short I mentioned to another childminder today that i'd had a lady visit wanting care for her baby and asked if she'd been to see her, apparently the lady had been to see her a few times since last year and had signed the contract last week and had done a settling in session for a few hours on monday.

As you can imagine my childminder friend was a little upset, I just wished i'd never mentioned anything now.

Straws xx

kindredspirits
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
its not your fault mum is messing your friend around, at least you've given her heads up about it!

Chatterbox Childcare
06-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Why do parents do this - they never seem to appreciate what they have

miffy
06-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh dear - your friend might be upset now but at least she knows now what this parent is doing and can deal with it

Miffy xx

son77
06-02-2009, 05:31 PM
It's not your fault so dont worry. Maybe she's not happy with the other childminder?

Jules27
06-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Theres a mum doing the rounds arond here at the mo but don't think she has signed contracts with anyone yet. What bugs me is that she is playing one off against the other saying to one minder 'well another minder is offering this this and this, can you match it?' makes me so mad!!:angry:

Theres nowt wrong in visiting a number of minders but no need to play them off against each other!!!:blush:

Twinkles
06-02-2009, 05:37 PM
If I was the other minder I'd rather know that the mum either wasn't happy or was messing me about. At least now she can be prepared.

huggableshelly
06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I've heard of that happening too, a mother had a settling in session free of charge then 2 wks of half days and went looking for another ninder floowing the same pattern leaving both minders after the months trial was up.

I was fortunate enough not to gain a visit from her, maybe she decided I wasnt worth it LOL

Ripeberry
06-02-2009, 07:54 PM
But they did charge for the settling in period? I would ask for a month's fees up front to use for the settling in period. They might get 1 or 2hrs free the first time we ever meet but after that it is cash up front.

FizzysFriends
06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't say anything because if mom stays with the other minder it will cause bad feeling between then.

beerheaven
06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
You weren't to know. I'm sure your childminder friend is probably feeling more philosophical about situation now. I ber she was feeling upset at first, but at least she knows where she stands.
If she can afford to, perhaps she should drop this parent!!