PDA

View Full Version : feeding a 11 mths old

don the duck
06-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Right i currently look after an 11 mth old.

well the thing is the food she keeps bringing. example today - in his lunch back is.

solid large mashed sunday lunch -
mashed fruit. yoghurt,
organic crisps,
milky bar,
cheese slices
and a munches cake.

he arrives at 8. breakfast is all over by them. which hes already had at home.we have snack at 10 ish either a biscuit oor toast as most the time were at a group, and a 4 0z bottle. then hell have his 2 course lunch at 1. then we ll again have snack at 3.30 ish. as he has his tea at home

was shocked when i opened the back. when we we fit it all in through out the day.

i keep sending most of it back home. would u feed it all the the baby.

michellethegooner
06-02-2009, 02:48 PM
tbh the 10 mth old I have WOULD eat all that throughout the day as well as 2 8oz bottles

whereas the 12 mth old wouldn't I would ask parent to write up a typical days routine and when and what he eats at home say over the wkend then you do the same during the wk and see if there is any difference,I would alos point out that the unhealthy choices should be substituted for fruits and veg I have spoken with the 'c' parents over his food intake as has his health visitor as he is a big boy not so much fat but he is solid and is VERY heavy. we work together and everything he eats is recorded and he is only offered healthy foods, no milky bars, cakes processed cheeses etc

PixiePetal
06-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I have a parent who puts plenty in the bag but does not expect it all to be eaten necessarily. Just there incase. He has his meal, fruit and healthy things before I even think of giving anything else.

Ask if he normally eats that much at home?

I would also ask to swap for fruit snacks anyway, healthy eating to be encouraged and all that.:thumbsup:

sarah707
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
solid large mashed sunday lunch - I would give this for lunchtime

mashed fruit. - I would give this for morning snack

yoghurt, - I would give this for pudding after lunch

organic crisps,

milky bar,

cheese slices - I would offer these for pm snack about 3 / 330pm

and a munches cake.

I would send the rest home and ask parents not to send as they do not fit with our healthy eating ethos :D

don the duck
06-02-2009, 04:10 PM
thanks for all ur replies....

at home she is constantly feeding him either solids or brest milk.... and hes sick.

just seems alot for a little one.. and its not small portions

huggableshelly
06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I was thinking about replying to suggest using his food for am and pm snacks ... Sarah has suggested that and its what I would do too.

Maybe when you do a newsletter include a healthy eating sample too so it goes out to all parents and not just one, it might just offer food for thought.