PDA

View Full Version : I had a reply from the BBC

Chatterbox Childcare
06-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Last year there was an episode of Doctors which was broadcast and did not portray Childminders in a very good light. A lot of childminders complained and I got my reply today, which reads:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the BBC One programme 'Doctors' as broadcast on 7 December 2008.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in replying. We know our correspondents appreciate a quick response and we are sorry you have had to wait on this occasion.

I understand you feel this particular episode did not accurately portray the childcare profession.

If I can attempt to address your concerns; drama productions are not always best served by meticulous attention to detail and a certain amount of dramatic licence can be involved in trying to capture the essence of an issue or profession and then conveying this to an audience.

I can sincerely assure that the programme makers never intend to denigrate or belittle childminding or any other care profession with regards this storyline.

With your complaint in mind I can also assure you that I've registered your comments regarding this particular episode of 'Doctors' on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Did anyone else get this?

emmadines
06-02-2009, 12:16 PM
what happened?

sue m
06-02-2009, 12:42 PM
I got the same reply Debbie. A few days after the programme. It's obviously a standard reply.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Took their time in answering.

Pudding Girl
06-02-2009, 04:47 PM
What was the storyline?

Chatterbox Childcare
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I cannot remember but it didn't portray us in a good light

miffy
06-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh well at least they replied even if they're not actually going to do anything about it!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
06-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Took their time in answering.

Sorry I thought I had come back to the thread about Doctors at the time. Yes I had a similar reply to yours a few days after the programme. :clapping: