PDA

View Full Version : CSSIW variance?

aly
05-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I hear a lot about ofsted giving variance but do cssiw?

My friend has said her sister will probably want me in april and i will already have 3 under 5 until sept when my son goes full time school.

Unless he goes a different day to my friends lo. so wondered if i could ask for one in april....if they do them? {once im reg'd that is ;)}

Chatterbox Childcare
05-02-2009, 09:39 PM
CSSWI - who are they?

Ofsted hold the registration and are the only legal department that can grant variations in England.

ruby
05-02-2009, 09:42 PM
care standards inspectorate for wales bit like ofsted but for wales

i have applied for various variances over the years and never had any problem

cathy

aly
05-02-2009, 10:52 PM
care standards inspectorate for wales bit like ofsted but for wales

i have applied for various variances over the years and never had any problem

cathy

Cool many thanks
like I said I'mnot sure if I need it but it's good to know they do if we need it

many thanks:thumbsup:

roseybev
06-02-2009, 12:03 AM
i live in scotland and yes they do you contact them they will ask you to write down how you got and when .and when you are asking for the variance.they were very good at the begin to give them but heard that there not giving out so many because they have been asked for loads and that the paper work is to much for them .so go on ask they are only usaual for 6 months at a time and you have to up date before it runs out .its another way of keeping a eye on you .it depends on who your officer is and if your face fits .good luck,and if they say no ask why not.:)