PDA

View Full Version : Runny nappies

patevans
05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
If a child has 2 or more runny nappies I exclude for 48 hours, D has come in with an ear infection and is on antibiotics as of yesterday, if he has another can I eclude even if its down to the antibiotics?

Dragonfly
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I believe you can exclude a child with Diahorrea caused by for what ever reason. If the child had loose nappies before taking the antibiotics i would say it was an infection/virus what ever and def exclude him. If only started after he started the medicine then it probably is the medicine causing it, so its up to you some would exclude some wont.

wendywu
05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
You can do what you like as it is your business and your policy.

But i would not if it was not SD as it is not catching. It also depends it the nappy is just loose or it ends up half way up the child back. I suppose it is your call.:)

sarah707
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
If I was sure it was caused by medication I would not send the child home :D

roseybev
06-02-2009, 12:16 AM
i look after a 6 months old mm who when poo she covers every thing vest tights and all clothes it goes every where mum say she had poo checked by doctors and it clear ive even cut the vest of her to save the hair from the poo.hoping it gets better when she starts to eat food .i spoke to the helth vistor and she was not that consered either but after 19 years doing this ive never seen anything like this sorry for going on but i dont send this mm home because that the way she poos:)

Mrs.L.C
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Iv got a 7month old in my care and for the last 2 weeks his nappies have been runny. I sent him home last week as he was very clingy with it. Since coming back hes been ok untill today and the nappies are runny again and so far hes had 3 since 12 all up his back etc. We are sure hes teething as well

Would you say this is teething or something more?

Hes not his usual happy content self either but has not been sick.

I have contacted mum and said if he has another one I would ask her to collect and advised her to speak to doctor

miffy
04-03-2009, 02:40 PM
If I was sure it was caused by medication I would not send the child home :D

I agree - but it's hard to know for sure :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

uf353432
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
runny bums and teething often go hand in hand as teething generally reduces the childs immune system a tad leaving them open to lots of little things they would normally fight - but other illness can be mistakenly put down to teething so its alway best to err on side of caution.

tobysanders
15-05-2009, 07:45 AM
If a child has 2 or more runny nappies I exclude for 48 hours, D has come in with an ear infection and is on antibiotics as of yesterday, if he has another can I eclude even if its down to the antibiotics?

OK, but do you expect parents to look after the child themselves (ie. take holiday), and also pay you for the 48 hours / or is there no payment for time child is sick?

Minstrel
15-05-2009, 03:37 PM
OK, but do you expect parents to look after the child themselves (ie. take holiday), and also pay you for the 48 hours / or is there no payment for time child is sick?

I would say yes I would charge in the case of illness.

We do 'expect' parents to look after the child themselves as we are childcare providers not nurses. Also as a parent i cant imagine not wanting to look after my sick child. If you pass the illness onto other children in the setting and/or the childminder then you will need to take even more time off.

As for payment then yes- the service and place is available and it is not the childminders fault if it cannot be used. They cannot offer the place out at such short notice and we still have mortgage and bills to pay.

I also think this would be open to abuse when parents have someone else to mind the child for free for a couple of days and just say the child was ill to get out of paying.

youarewhatyoueat
15-05-2009, 04:06 PM
i look after a 6 months old mm who when poo she covers every thing vest tights and all clothes it goes every where mum say she had poo checked by doctors and it clear ive even cut the vest of her to save the hair from the poo.hoping it gets better when she starts to eat food .i spoke to the helth vistor and she was not that consered either but after 19 years doing this ive never seen anything like this sorry for going on but i dont send this mm home because that the way she poos:)

I've got one like this he's been coming to me for 5 months and he is still runny, just the way he is!!!! but it can be a nightmare to clear up, yuk

michellethegooner
15-05-2009, 04:36 PM
depends if I knew the nappy was down to medication/teething then I wouldn't send them home I have had a few that are just like that so they would never be here if I was to send them home.

I also have 1 at the moment that when she eats fruit she doesnt poo for 2 days and then it is like an explosion :eek: :eek: been to gp and hv and everything is fine its just how she is