PDA

View Full Version : first aid box colour

gegele
05-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I heard on radio that they have to be green at work but can be anything at home. as we're working from home does that mean it has to be green but i can put colourful stickers on it???:D :D :laughing:

MissTinkerbell
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Don't think it matters - as long as you can get to it easily but mindees can't reach it.

Alibali
05-02-2009, 06:24 PM
I was told at first aid course that it has to be green with a white cross - don't suppose a few stickers would be a problem though!!:D

Twinkles
05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Aahh! but what sort of green should it be ? Lime green? Racing green ? Pea green ? I'm sure OFSTED will let us know if it's the wrong shade of green :laughing:

misst104
05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Aahh! but what sort of green should it be ? Lime green? Racing green ? Pea green ? I'm sure OFSTED will let us know if it's the wrong shade of green :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
05-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I was also told on the first aid course that it must be green with a white cross on it.
here is a link to the first aid supplies site where I buy from, they also have keyring Resuscitation Face Shields too that are kinda cute and perfect to drop into a bag knowing it wont get damaged and is available for use if ever its needed.
I bought a yellow keyring to mkae it more visible within my bag, it comes in green and blue too.

www.WholesaleFirstAidSupplies.co.uk

Zoemum2four
05-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I was also told on my first aid course it needed to be green with a white cross, so that what i went for, brought mine from red cross...:) but i like the idea of the yellow keyring think i will be getting myself one of them....:)

tulip0803
05-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I was told that it needed to be green with a white cross too. My CSSIW inspector checked it:) .

gegele
05-02-2009, 10:09 PM
just bought a first aid box for the car from lidl, under 5pound but it's black, it'll do for the car!!!! don't know what's in it yet!!

Pipsqueak
05-02-2009, 10:10 PM

well I am sorry, its just going to have to be racing green..... any other colour is going to lower the tone of my kitchen:rolleyes:

Winnie
05-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh dear :ohdear: that means i'm going to fail my inspection....mine is red with a white sticker that says First Aid in black felt-tip :rolleyes:

gegele
05-02-2009, 10:15 PM
:blush: my medecine are in a green shoe box!!!:blush: :blush:

PixiePetal
05-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Mine is green with white cross..................cos it was cheap in superdrug :laughing:

Hope it is the right green :rolleyes:

huggableshelly
05-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Oh dear :ohdear: that means i'm going to fail my inspection....mine is red with a white sticker that says First Aid in black felt-tip :rolleyes:

nah you wont fail on that just make sure its up high away from diddy fingers then when super drug have a sale grab a new one or order online. Tecos had some in too as I bought a mini travel pack which lives in my car.

Pipsqueak
05-02-2009, 10:34 PM
ncma have one on their site

St johns sell them too

Always try Netto/Aldi/Lidl too

gegele
05-02-2009, 10:37 PM
i did post about lidl safety week this week....oh i need to open my black box!
:D

gegele
05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
oh they're good there is inside:
adhesive tape,
8 first aid dressing,
3 standards dressing
1large
2 burn dressing
1burn dressing bigger
2 bandages
3bandages bigger
1 emergency blanket
6wound dressing
2 triangular dressing
1pair of 1st aid scissor
4 disposable gloves
1first aid instruction leaflet!!!

i might get an other one and put content in a green box!!!!

beerheaven
05-02-2009, 11:11 PM
nah you wont fail on that just make sure its up high away from diddy fingers then when super drug have a sale grab a new one or order online. Tecos had some in too as I bought a mini travel pack which lives in my car.

On my last first aid course the trainer suggested we keep the box at a low level so that a child could bring it to us, especially if we ourselves had an injury. Hadn't thought of that before!
The opening clips of the box are so stiff that I can hardly open it, let alone a small child!

gegele
05-02-2009, 11:15 PM
On my last first aid course the trainer suggested we keep the box at a low level so that a child could bring it to us, especially if we ourselves had an injury. Hadn't thought of that before!
The opening clips of the box are so stiff that I can hardly open it, let alone a small child!

well BEWARE of the power of the little fingers!!!!!!!!
i always struggle to open pot of paint....my 3yrs old didn't when she found the secret stach i hid in the baby's room....!!!
and to the one s of you who don';t know "NO you cannot remove finger paint from carpet!!!:angry:

beerheaven
05-02-2009, 11:26 PM
well BEWARE of the power of the little fingers!!!!!!!!
i always struggle to open pot of paint....my 3yrs old didn't when she found the secret stach i hid in the baby's room....!!!
and to the one s of you who don';t know "NO you cannot remove finger paint from carpet!!!:angry:

Yeah, I know what you mean!
However if a little 'darling' did manage to get the box open, the contents are pretty tame.........I think!

gegele
05-02-2009, 11:30 PM
well my dd for sure would cut though it all lol i'll have to buy the whole content for sure...she loves cutting and is really good at it. lol'