PDA

View Full Version : Maidstone Prison to become centre for sex offenders

emmadines
05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=56014

I'm sorry but what a joke!!:angry: :angry:

there are houses all around the outside of this prison and many, many schools with young children in it. I wont ever be able to allow my kids out the house unsupervised and what are the chances of it effecting all childminders businesses......., Id hate to think on the effect this could have on the town, ppl wont come her shopping (I know I wouldn't if I didn't live here) in case there's a perv walking the streets around 600 sex offenders will be housed at the prison a percentage of them would be allowed on day release, its been proven that they re-offend so why release them ion the 1st place.:angry::angry: :angry: ,

tulip0803
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh no! My sister is moving to flat by there tomorrow:eek:

venus89
05-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Personally I'd rather a known sex offender in an area where people are extra vigilant about it than a sex offender who lives next door and nobody knows about.....

At the end of the day Emma it's a prison - many of the prisoners are on day release. Murderers, drug offenders.... Is there really any risk from this news to your children?

Hebs
05-02-2009, 05:54 PM
i agree with Venus on this one

an unknown sex offender is much more of a risk and this could be your "friendly" neighbour :panic:

flora
05-02-2009, 05:56 PM
oh dear Emma,

Not nice I know but it does say they already treat sex offenders, so I am thinking that there won't be much change for the public at large as it were.

I know it's not nice thinking of these people on out doorstep but I supposed they have to be somehwere???

I am not sure if the media hype will affect you, are you right on top of the prison???

emmadines
05-02-2009, 09:48 PM
there is a prison on the island that is not directly in town nor close to one. why put it in a prison that have houses directly opposite, there are schools directly opposite. its ridiculous

yes its best to know where they are but the public wont get told where they are just tat this place will deal with them then when they are close to release they will re home them too. so yes the chances of one being a naighbour mand not knowing could be a possibility

Hebs
05-02-2009, 09:56 PM
i have a better solution

just :censored: the :censored:

:angry:

emmadines
05-02-2009, 10:31 PM
i have a better solution

just :censored: the :censored:

:angry:

Oh if only we were allowed eh??

venus89
06-02-2009, 11:27 AM
there is a prison on the island that is not directly in town nor close to one. why put it in a prison that have houses directly opposite, there are schools directly opposite. its ridiculous

yes its best to know where they are but the public wont get told where they are just tat this place will deal with them then when they are close to release they will re home them too. so yes the chances of one being a naighbour mand not knowing could be a possibility

Agreed but I think it's only slightly more of a possibility than it was anyay. They're not going to reome them all in Maidstone! Besides which, they often go onto lower category prisons before release - like Blantyre in Goudhurst.

The point is though how much at risk are our kids? I mean, how much more so than they have ever been? No sane human wants their child at risk, of course, and I appreciate your concerns but I genuinely don't see the risk to you or your family being any larger than it is now.

flora
06-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Agreed but I think it's only slightly more of a possibility than it was anyay. They're not going to reome them all in Maidstone! Besides which, they often go onto lower category prisons before release - like Blantyre in Goudhurst.

The point is though how much at risk are our kids? I mean, how much more so than they have ever been? No sane human wants their child at risk, of course, and I appreciate your concerns but I genuinely don't see the risk to you or your family being any larger than it is now.

Sorry Emma, I know it's not what you want to hear but I do agree with Venus.
I lived and shopped in and around Maidstone for years, walked past the prison etc, never gave it a second thought. As the article says they ALREADY look after sex offenders this is just adding some more.

One of my mums is a teacher in a prison, she always says if we knew the half of it we'd never sleep.

Try not to let it worry you too much. xx

Cammie Doodle
07-02-2009, 09:20 PM
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sorry Emma, I know it's not what you want to hear but I do agree with Venus.
I lived and shopped in and around Maidstone for years, walked past the prison etc, never gave it a second thought. As the article says they ALREADY look after sex offenders this is just adding some more.

One of my mums is a teacher in a prison, she always says if we knew the half of it we'd never sleep.

Try not to let it worry you too much. xx

This is sooooooo true if the public knew half of what goes on , they would freak