PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Sparklers

Minnie Minx
30-01-2008, 03:07 PM
You will need:

Chocolate finger biscuits
Small bowl of hot water
Small bowl of sugar strands (hundreds and thousands)
Greaseproof paper

Dip one end of a biscuit into the hot water and then into the sugar strands. Place on greaseproof paper and leave to set. Simple, quick and kids love them!

originally posted by angel

angeldelight
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Kids love these for bonfire night

Angel xxx

charleyfarley
03-11-2009, 07:29 PM
We do these and the children love them, so easy :thumbsup:

We used pink sparkles last time and they looked great

Carol xx

Heaven Scent
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks a million for the idea - quick and easy - yeah!!!!!!!

miffy
03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
We've done this today too!

Kids loved it and the after-schoolers have asked if they can do it tomorrow :)

Miffy xx

solly
03-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I am doing this with my mindees tomorrow. I have a LO who is coeliac so mum will bring her a biscuit tomorrow and she can decorate with icing sugar and sprinkles as i dont want her feelong left out. She is 4 1/2 and is really good and never makes a fuss when she can't have something the others are having and just knows she has to have a special diet.

buildingblocks
04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
bother bother bother I knew there was something else I needed hubby to buy from the supermarket drat it

Blackhorse
04-11-2009, 04:39 PM
that sounds like a great idea...

if I am going to work tomorrow we will make these...easy enough to do!!

solly
04-11-2009, 05:05 PM
It worked well with all the mindees, I had some icing left over from my littleone who is coeliac so instead of dipping the chocolate finger in warm water they dipped it in the icing sugar then rolled it in the sprinkles.

They did look good, just got to make sure my 3 children dont decided to eat the chocolate fingers that are in the fridge as i will do the activity again on Thursday & Friday as have different mindees on those days:)

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
04-11-2009, 05:35 PM
we did this yesterday, all 3 kids really enjoyed doing it.

Chell
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I did this with my own children this evening. They really enjoyed the activity but my 6yr old said they looked nothing like sparklers. :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Doing this tomorrow :)

Heaven Scent
06-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Did some yesterday and again today and guess what - I forgot to take photos again!!! I just didn't have time either day it was all a bit rushed due to different pick up times from school and then early collections by parents so I was just pleased to find time to do it. - was going to do chocolate apples tomorrow - but not sure now!!!

angeldelight
06-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Did some yesterday and again today and guess what - I forgot to take photos again!!! I just didn't have time either day it was all a bit rushed due to different pick up times from school and then early collections by parents so I was just pleased to find time to do it. - was going to do chocolate apples tomorrow - but not sure now!!!

I do that all the time forget to take pics
Or my hands are so covered in choc or glue that I dont want to pick my camera up anyway ha ha :laughing:

Angel xxx

charleyfarley
06-11-2009, 07:23 AM
These went down well yesterday :clapping: Younger mindee tried to eat more than he was making :laughing:

Other mindee called them sausage chocolates :laughing: (chocolate fingers)

I forgot about the chocolate apples yesterday, think we may make some of those today, thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

I take photos I just can't put them on :blush: :D
Carol xx