PDA

View Full Version : How stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clare123
05-02-2009, 01:39 PM
My childminder friends just had her ofsted inspection, she has been a child minder for a few years and she now does t with her husband. She got marked down because a 2 year old and 18mth old got help from her husband putting on their coats!! She said it doesn't matter how long it takes even an hour they should do it themselves. My inspection is coming up if they say anything so stupid to me i will BLOW!!!:angry:

venus89
05-02-2009, 01:44 PM
*** that - I put it on them, start the zip and then let them finish it. tey're happy with that and so am I. All mine are 2 1/4 and under.....

clare123
05-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I know, i have to chase my son around the house sometimes to get his coat on!!

Spangles
05-02-2009, 01:51 PM
How ridiculous is that! Ooooh I would have had to say something if I was her. Can she object or anything, that's just wrong.

Yes, it would be really great to put in the daily diary you stood around not helping while a child struggled with a coat for half an hour! Great achievement!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Didn't notice that one in the EYFS. If that stopped me getting the grading I wanted, I would appeal

Sounds like the inspector needed something to put on her report

clare123
05-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I think that she just needed to find something, she actually also had trio arrive and the trio "women" reported that she actually had her back to the children all the time she was there. The childminder told the parents of the child what happened and they bt ofsted and put in a complaint.

Alibali
05-02-2009, 02:36 PM
18 month olds need help with their coats, and so do most 2 yo's. Pre-school year is when they start doing this, what a silly woman!!!

Pipsqueak
05-02-2009, 02:58 PM
errm think I would be appealing/challenging that decision.:angry: honestly what a pathetic thing to pick up on

Ripeberry
05-02-2009, 03:21 PM
They could get you both ways on this. Help the child and you are marked down as not letting them develop their skills. And if you did nothing and the child got frustrated and cried then you would get marked down as not being helpfull!
I think summer inspections must be a bit easier but then they would get you for not applying suncream everytime the child went out!

miffy
05-02-2009, 03:22 PM
That's ridiculous - think I'd have asked the inspector if she had any experience of children that age :rolleyes:

I agree with Pip I'd challenge that!

Miffy xx

louloudi
05-02-2009, 04:31 PM
no wonder people get in a tiz over ofsted inspections when you hear this kind of garbage.

so what happens if you need to get children from school and you have spend 15mins waiting for a 2 yr old to get their coat on?!!

Common sense just goes out of the window with some people!!

wendywu
05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes i can just see it, sorry school i know i am over two hours late to pick up but my little mindees took two hours to put their coasts on and i am not allowed to help them.

Get a life, i think i would also blow up big time at this.:angry:

Lick'le Oakes
05-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Do they really think that is what childminders should do, just sit back and watch a child struggle. No wonder some children come out of school, nurserys etc without a coat on they must just give up trying. How many times do the arms end up inside out etc. If that is all she had to pick on though, you must be ok in all other areas and maybe she had already had an outstanding or good that day and didn't think she should go back to the office with another one. It does make you wonder why you bother with everything else like the EYFS etc if that is what is going to give you a bad grade.

Sorry for going on, but Gordon Bennet there is a limit.:angry: :angry: :angry:

sarah707
05-02-2009, 06:19 PM
no wonder people get in a tiz over ofsted inspections when you hear this kind of garbage.

so what happens if you need to get children from school and you have spend 15mins waiting for a 2 yr old to get their coat on?!!

Common sense just goes out of the window with some people!!

New routine at xxx Childminding!

1pm lunch

1.20pm start getting ready for school run

3pm leave house

Sorry no time for play!

We are busy practicing our coordination and developing gross motor skills.

Yes Mrs D I know little Johnny is having a tantrum every time you go near him with a coat now.

I'm sure he'll be fine and Ofsted know best. :D

Twinkles
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
New routine at xxx Childminding!

1pm lunch

1.20pm start getting ready for school run

3pm leave house

Sorry no time for play!

We are busy practicing our coordination and developing gross motor skills.

Yes Mrs D I know little Johnny is having a tantrum every time you go near him with a coat now.

I'm sure he'll be fine and Ofsted know best. :D

:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Well..........

I am speechless

Angel xx

michellethegooner
05-02-2009, 07:12 PM
That is utterly stupid!!!! I would defo challenge this. so it's ok to be late to pick up other mindees or to go out... :angry:

childmind04
05-02-2009, 07:22 PM
This is what was put on my report as a thing so improve 'self care', my mindee is a little indian boy and its part of their religion to pamper him and mum is always commenting on how lazy he is in a nice way through them doing everything for him, and i will help him or i would be there hours waiting for him!!!

I think she knew this but said she had to give a improvement and this was all she could find but it did not effect my grade otherwise i would have been spitting my dummy out!!!

If you waited for every child to get ready themselves the ones who were first to be ready would have took their coats back off :panic:

snowbunny
05-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Challenge that!! That is outrageous, how silly!

The more i hear about Ofsted Inspections and requirements it makes me think maybe they think we're total idiots?

Helping children with their jackets is just something anyone would automatically do surely?

cher25
05-02-2009, 09:08 PM
:eek: That is totally ridiculous! My almost 18 month old mindee struggles to put his other arm in his coat with me helping him, never mind doing it on his own!!! I've never known an 18 month old to be able to do it full stop! That women must not have kids of her own, or been around kids in her life by the sounds of it! Stupid person!

wendywu
05-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Ofsted do not know the background, stage of development, requirements of every individual child. But the childminder DOES. How on earth does the inspector know it is in that childs best interest to struggle with their coat.:panic:

Allie
08-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Is this the latest stupid Ofsted craze? at my inspection the inspector kept saying how independent my children were. Luckily for me but had she missed the earlier struggle into and out of coats and shoes, with one almost three year old having a temper and done of them doing it completely on their own.

Allie

Bananabrain
08-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Childmind04,I mind two asian boys,9 and 8.They simply do not do anything for themselves,have no concept even that they have to say please and thankyou.{before anyone goes off at me,they are lovely boys,mum and grandma are also delightful}

This is a bit tricky for a childminder to ensure that all children are treated the same.

I think manners and thinking about others are very important,and try to teach my mindees accordingly,but this one has had me a bit foxed.

Iwill always take into account cultural differences and love the fact that I have alsorts of lovely children from different backgrounds,but have to admit this one is a little tricky.

As for ofsted,I am sure they make it up as they go along:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: