PDA

View Full Version : pregnant assistant

charlie28
05-02-2009, 01:39 PM
my new asitant is pregnant, she didnt tell me before she signed the forms and contracts. she is going to be self emolyed so i wont need to pay maternity pay thank god. she asked if she could bring baby to mine when she returns. Will that be in my numbers on my certificate. should i find someone else to cover her leave, she said she would only have 2 weeks off after having her baby. i dont know what to do?

jellytot
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
i would think her baby will be counted in your numbers, also 2 weeks doesnt sound very long for her to take off, are you sure she wont change her mind closer to the time

charlie28
05-02-2009, 01:49 PM
i would think her baby will be counted in your numbers, also 2 weeks doesnt sound very long for her to take off, are you sure she wont change her mind closer to the time

she only works 2 days a week for me

Chatterbox Childcare
05-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I think she will want more time but you will need to get more help if you have too many children, otherwise you will have to stop some coming.

The baby will count in your allocated numbers when an assistant is present.

Minstrel
05-02-2009, 01:58 PM
when she comes back with her baby i would consider asking her for either payment for the baby space/ take less wages as she will be taking up one of (or your only) under 1 year space and this will reduce your earning potential.

something to think about x

charlie28
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
do you think ofsted will up my numbers with this assistant starting?

Lincsminder
05-02-2009, 04:12 PM
There is no way she can say for sure she will only have two weeks off, allsorts could happen from problems with being pregnant to difficult situations after the birth. The child would then count as being one of the minded children so unless she pays for the space you might be loosing out. i think this I somthing you will have to sort out nearer the time.

charlie28
05-02-2009, 04:17 PM
thanks for your input

FizzysFriends
05-02-2009, 04:20 PM
I would definatly make her pay for the space her baby takes up, she would have to if she worked in a nursery.