PDA

View Full Version : another one of those phone calls :(

emmadines
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Yet again I apparently agreed to support them by placing an add in thier publication. apparently they also have a recording of me agreeing to this publication :angry: :angry:

I am pretty sure that I have not in anyway agreed to this and this time I am not paying £299.00.

why are they constantly trying this, its not strawberry education again its another company, according to them they sent me an invoice 2 weeks ago (prior to the previouse phone call in dec) I know I got caught out but strawberry last time and I wont be done again....... I think I would remember the sum of £299 if I owed it to a company.:angry:

do you think that they just aim for ppl who have been got before of am I just attracting them???

has anyone else been bugged by these people???:( :(

Ebs71
04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Blimey........ im sorry your being pestered by these idiots, and thanks for making us aware. sorry i have no advice or suggestions, just didnt want to ignore your post xxxxxxxx

Pipsqueak
04-02-2009, 10:10 PM
oh ems, I am sorry, I remember the last time this happened.

I presume you have had no invoice or other notification? It couldn't be someone playing a dirty trick on you - doing this in your name?

I think you need to seek further advice and support here. Get in touch with CAB or a solicitor. next time these people call get more details from them... ask for dates, names, times.... ask for a copy of the recording, where they sent the invoice. Tell them that someone appears to be pretending to be your and you are now going to get the police involved because this is now becoming harrassement.

Pipsqueak
04-02-2009, 10:11 PM
oh ems, I am sorry, I remember the last time this happened.

I presume you have had no invoice or other notification? It couldn't be someone playing a dirty trick on you - doing this in your name?

I think you need to seek further advice and support here. Get in touch with CAB or a solicitor. Also get in touch with trading standards as well and explain the whole sorry mess. Its possible your name is on a mailing list and its being sold on to other companies.

next time these people call get more details from them... ask for dates, names, times.... ask for a copy of the recording, where they sent the invoice. Tell them that someone appears to be pretending to be your and you are now going to get the police involved because this is now becoming harrassement.

sarah707
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I don't answer the phone... if I don't know who is ringing I put it on answerphone.

Nobody is going to bully me in my home.

Be strong xx

rickysmiths
04-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Google Telephone Preference Service.

Get in touch with them and they will block all telephone sales and advertizing cold calls. We did this years ago and we dont get any 'odd' calls.

There is also a way to block your phone from accepting calls from callers with blocked numbers-like me my number is what was x directory. When I dial some numbers I get a message that says 'this number does not accept anonomous calls'. I think that means that your phone would have to have a display on it that shows you the callers phone number that way you can choose who you answer the phone to.

tinkerbelle
05-02-2009, 08:14 AM
if they have a recording of you write to them outlinging data protection laws which states any information they hold on you you are legally entitled to it this soon sends them away contact your phone provider and block these numbers
things like this really annoy me we work blooming hard for our money and some nutter tries to get us to hand it over for nothing :censored:

FizzysFriends
05-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I had this at work, the ad was nothing to do with us but our contact details were given so they were chasing us for payment. I asked them to read out the ad and pointed out the company name and phone number didn't match and they stopped calling.

Also point out to them they aren't allowed to record you without telling you

Daftbat
05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=rickysmiths;328770]Google Telephone Preference Service.

Get in touch with them and they will block all telephone sales and advertizing cold calls. We did this years ago and we dont get any 'odd' calls.

We did this, or tried to, a while ago but doesn't seem to stop a lot of it.

emmadines
05-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I have the strawberry recording as it was sent to me but this one, I hadnt even had a conversation to anyone for this so called company so there was no conversation so they can state i was being recorded nor had I agreed to anything!! im not gonna be bitten twice!! they can take me to court if need be!:angry:
It worries me as ppl can edit anything these days if they have the know how!!

Ive used the tbs before, will give them ring.

Minstrel
05-02-2009, 10:04 AM
gosh Emma i remember when this happened to you before. so sorry they are hassling you again. i really hope you get in sorted soon. Dont give in to them - i cant believe they are so brazen as to ask for money they must know you dont owe.

*hugs*

Chatterbox Childcare
05-02-2009, 10:06 AM
I would talk to your legal line, NCMA or MM, whoever you are with and get their advice.

mandy moo
05-02-2009, 11:53 AM
If they call again do remember if you can and your not too angry, get the name of the person you are talking to and the address of their location.
or ask to speak to manager..First..

They probley wont give any of the above, as your calling their bluff..
Tell them to go sing, in that case, as you want a copy of this 'supposed recording' or your not paying...
And does a taped telephone conversation constitute a contract, without a signiture? I wouldnt have thought so..
as has been mentioned in the good advice above CAB will put you right.

Bushpig
05-02-2009, 11:59 AM
This is ridiculous Emma! :(

Call Watchdog - seriously!!! Give the whatever proof you have (for both companies who have harrassed you) - dates, times etc.

mandy moo
06-02-2009, 09:01 AM
This is ridiculous Emma! :(

Call Watchdog - seriously!!! Give the whatever proof you have (for both companies who have harrassed you) - dates, times etc.

Good idea jenni penni and i guess thats goes forall of us too..

emmadines
06-02-2009, 09:34 AM
They are always private numbers, always call around the same time, never leave a message, havent had anything in the post and they alsways say the same thing?

1st call just before christmas - Hello is this miss dines?
yes
Im ringing with regards to the invoice we sent you 2 weeks ago....

theres was never an invoice nor an order for it.

well we have it on recording that you agreed to this.
I said that I have a recording for strawberry so if its a copy I will know about it.
at this point I have just hung up

the last call

Thankyou so much for your support from last year we have raised this amout of money for the cause................................ then then throw in the £299 total under their breath in hope that at 1st you dont hear it.

I said to them that I hadnt called them nor spoken to them about advertising in their publication. that I wont be paying for anything by them as I have not ordered it. and again i just hung up

Pipsqueak
06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
This is a scam and harrasment Ems. Get in touch with CAB, trading standards, OfTel (i am sure these are the people who deal with telephone sales), watchdog anyone. It needs investigating. :(

Twinkles
06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
They are always private numbers, always call around the same time, never leave a message, havent had anything in the post and they alsways say the same thing?

the last call

I said to them that I hadn't called them nor spoken to them about advertising in their publication. that I wont be paying for anything by them as I have not ordered it. and again i just hung up

Not sure if i've already told you this but we had a similar thing a couple of years ago. Someone spoke to dh offering advertising and dh said he would think about it. They then kept hassling dh saying he'd agreed to ad and demanding money. Untill one day I took the call and said what they had was a recording of dh agreeing to look at ad not take one out iykwim. I then said that I considered the repeated calls to be harrasment and had instructed my solicitors accordingly ( had I heck but they didn't know that ! ) we never got anymore calls after that ;)

wellybelly
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I had one of these try to rip me off - they said it was a local police publication and rang up for my credit card details. I asked for details which they held back and told them i was calling the police. I did ring the police and they were aware of the scam, they put me in touch with trading standards. I think i scared them off by mentioning the police but honastly, the nerve and desperate tactics these companies will take.

Cant remember name of company but am very cautious who I give my name and number out to now.