PDA

View Full Version : What parents really want

Alibali
04-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I've just done my annual parent questionnaires, and I thought I'd share a few comments.

One set of parents said that they are delighted that their child is treated like one of the family, and another set said that they are delighted that their child still gets to see R & J (my parents) as they are like another set of grandparents too him!

How sweet is that, and that is why parents choose childminders over nursery, they're not interested in all the EYFS and the paperwork for their lo's, they just want their kids in a warm,happy, homelike environment, so GO CHILDMINDERS!!!:clapping: :clapping:

miffy
04-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Just what we've always thought :)

Now how to get the message across to Ofsted?

Miffy xx

jibberjitz
04-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Thats lovely feedback to receive :)

Liz

loocyloo
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
wonderful ...

send a copy to the papers or someone! lets have some positive representation of childminders!

xxx

nannysue
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Very nice comments, Makes all the work worth while :)

mum22
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
What lovely feedback:clapping:

crazybones
04-02-2009, 09:19 PM
That is really nice. Hope Ofsted get to see that !

beerheaven
04-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to say how I agree with you about EYFS. I too have just done some questionnaires and have received some lovely comments.
None of them are concerned with EYFS!

Pipsqueak
05-02-2009, 08:30 AM
I have comments like that to - that they like it the children are treated as one of the family and that even my neighbours treat the children as part of mine.

This is why childminders are so good - we incorporate the children we care for into our daily lives with our friends, neighbours, own families, communities and that can only be good for these little ones. its the closest form of childcare to "learn with mother".

Send your comments to the NCMA press office!

Well done you and what lovely parents too

emler
05-02-2009, 08:32 AM
That's great feedback from the parents - well done you :thumbsup:

ajs
05-02-2009, 08:38 AM
such lovely comments
i agree send them to the ncma

in my opinion all that parent's want is their children to be loved like they love them

breezy
05-02-2009, 09:12 AM
why cant ofsted realise that, it's hardly rocket science is it?

Daftbat
05-02-2009, 09:29 AM
why cant ofsted realise that, it's hardly rocket science is it?

I agree - why don't they understand that the people working with the kids know what they and their parents want.

mandy moo
05-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I have comments like that to - that they like it the children are treated as one of the family and that even my neighbours treat the children as part of mine.

This is why childminders are so good - we incorporate the children we care for into our daily lives with our friends, neighbours, own families, communities and that can only be good for these little ones. its the closest form of childcare to "learn with mother".

Send your comments to the NCMA press office!

Well done you and what lovely parents too

What about Ofsted do they have a Press Office, if sio send it there too:D

Bushpig
05-02-2009, 12:18 PM
What lovely feedback :)

donnahay0
05-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Yes I agree that is lovely feedback. I have similar comments in all my past references and parents questionnairs. The other thing that parents often say is that they know their children are safe which makes it easier for them being at work all day - none of this is because have written risk assessments etc it's because I just do all those safety checks naturally just like I did with my own children.