PDA

View Full Version : car seat that fits onlap belt

mushpea
04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
have been looking for a seat that will fit on a lap belt only found this one on argos (hope link works)
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761377/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C12109130/c_2/2%7Ccat_12109130%7CCar+and+booster+seats%7C1210915 3.htm

it says that it will fit lap belts and 3point harness but wanted to post it on here just so you can confirm it does cause i am a bit worried i have read it wrong!
in case the link don't work heres what it is
Baby-Start Beway Side Protection Car Seat.376/1377

can somone please look at it and tell me if i read it wrong or not. the reason i want one is because we are hoping to buy a zafira but being on a budget we cant afford the newer models with the full seatbelt so need to find a seat that goes on a lap belt.

loocyloo
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
hi, that looks as of it would be fine on a lap belt. as long as you would be able to get the seatbelt tight enough to hold seat tight ( if that makes sense )

i had a lapbelt in my hyundai ... i had a britax renesance (can't spell it!) 5 point harness car seat, that was fantastic with just a lap belt. it had a seat tension thing, so you pulled a lever and it made the seat feel really tight!

it is too big for my current car (toyota) and i don't need so many 5 point seats, so i'm selling it. PM me if interested!

xxx

nikim
04-02-2009, 09:47 PM
not sure i have a similar one from mothercare and only fits with 3 point belt ,you could always buy one and check it yourself argos have a 14 day return policy i think, i used to have the old shape zafira and used a britax freeway with a lap belt and found it to be very secure :)

berkschick
04-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I also have a similar seat that can not be used with the lap belt.

How about going to Mothercare or Halfords? They will take the seats out to your car and try them in there before you buy.

jacky
05-02-2009, 08:57 AM
i would agree go to halfords or pref mothercare or toys r us and they will fit them in your car. be careful with argos as i dont think they will accept returns on car seats in case they have been in an accident, i did read the blurb and it does look like it will fit with a lap belt.:)

Michelle M
05-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I have a Britax seat that fits the lap belt, Mothercare tested it for me, she wasnt particularly happy with it, but I tightened it up and she said it was fine, and I checked on the Britax site online, to check compatibility with my car, and it shows what seats it fits.

You really need to try it, as not all car seats fit all cars. My Other Britax doesnt fit my hubbys car very well :(

Lincsminder
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
ive just read through the reviews and on page 10 someone says

It is a great item, its well padded and really easy to alter the straps and to get in and out of the car, nice fabric and colours and well worth the money, the only downside wasn't even the chair it was the description on the website stating it could be used with BOTH LAP AND 3 POINT SEATBELTS AND THAT IS UNTRUE ITS ONLY TO BE USED WITH 3 POINT BELTS"

so maybe it wont fit after all.

maple
05-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I also have the britax renaissance(spelt wrong) fab seat.

mushpea
05-02-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks folks,gonna google the britax ones now. my worry it is what happens when they are all too old/big to go in a 5 point harness seat, i then have to put somone on the lap belt without a seat and i am not happy to do that as i don't feel lap belts are safe enough. think we are gonna not get a zafira now and just get a nomral family car then walk every where in the hols insted. weekends i can take my kids to places which we can ony use the car for which will make it more special for them.

Lincsminder
05-02-2009, 08:25 PM
i have the eclipse that goes on a lap belt only and britax now do another one too but like you said they are normaly 9months - 4 years.

Minstrel
06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I have a Mothercare Express which you can use a 3 point belt or a lap belt. x