PDA

View Full Version : scared to send my application off! help!

mumx3
04-02-2009, 06:16 PM
I have spent the last week writing policies and getting my head round EYFS and I feel I can answer all the questions on the form. I am just panicking about my house a bit.

My house is clean and tidy and mainly baby proofed (I hve an 8 month old) but not to ofsted standard. I will of course make changes, but I dont want to spend a fortune before I know I am definitely going to be registered.

Also some rooms upstairs (my bedroom) and one of my daughters rooms isnt great. They need de cluttering ideally but I havent done it yet. SHould I wait and do it first or send my form off and then do it. I am just worried it will give the wrong impression.

Help!

Twinkles
04-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Send the form off now !!!

It will concentrate your mind to do the de cluttering if thats what you want , but remember you don't have to register the whole house , you could just do downstairs and say one bedroom for naps.

Tatjana
04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
I second that! Send it off, your home doesn't have to be Ofsted perfect, as long as you know what will be needed once you're registered, they will be happy with that.

If your bedrooms won't be used for naps/childminding you need not lift a finger!

Go for it!

xx

misst104
04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm the same!!! I got my forms on saturday and havn't even taken the paper off yet. Am worried the the big O will want to come out really quickly and I don't feel ready at all!!! Glad its not just me :blush:

jo x x x :)

Adiamond
04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi,I have felt exactly like you for the last couple of weeks but I have finally sent my forms off and believe me it feels such a relief once they have gone..I am now going to spend my time catching up on house work and giving my brain a well earned rest until I get a date for pre-reg visit then I will go into panic mode!!! lol
I think everyone feels scared about the whole ofsted thing...
hth x x x

Dotty
04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Send it off!! I felt the same and I haven't got a baby!!

I got a stairgate second hand and plug sockets.

Osted did the pre-reg visit and asked questions about how I could improve etc. It was absolutely fine!

At the end of the day they are there to offer advice and you can turn it round to ask them questions too!!

Go for it!!!! :laughing:

Jen4Kids
04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
I feel exactly the same and posted about it earlier today, my health form was posted today and the forms are filled in.......but they are in the folder looking pretty on the side :o

I dont know if im ready for the questions Ofsted will ask, ive almost filled out the 'preparing for your visit' booklet, but are my answers what they want to hear??

mummyof3
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Send it off yes yes yes yes :clapping: :clapping:

I had my pre-reg inspection today and I was given recommendations to finish things before main inspection in 7mths from registration. I wish I hadn't waited and worried myself for so long and had just gone for it early - I passed ICP course in July last year!!

Go for it and GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D

Dotty
04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
my inspector was quite nice really. any answers that i gave were not quite right, she prompted me until we got there. I think it is just making sure you have got the understanding of the welfare requirements.#

If you are unsure just turn it round into a question - after all it is a learning curve for everyone!

Good luck x

vickie83
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Send it off, the pre-reg inspection is as much for you to glean info as it is for the inspector. They will advide you on further improvements you need to make :)

Daftbat
05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Get it sent - i am sure your home is fine. Being safe doesn't always mean that everywhere has to be de-cluttered. By the time you have all your toys, planning resources etc around you will be cluttered anyway. You need to show that risks have been identified and made as safe as possible.
Since you have an 8month old yourself i am sure that you are keeping your own baby just as safe as one that will belong to someone else.

We all learn as we go along - nothing to lose by getting it sent.:thumbsup:

mozarella
06-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Just send it off, we are still house renovating in the house and my house is not child proof but I told her over the phone and it was fine as long as you do a risk assessment and tell her what you intend to do

mumx3
06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
thanks everyone for all the moral support, I really need to just send the blooming thing off! I am waiting for my driving license in my married name to come back and then I will send of the application form and try to relax until I get THE call.

You guys always know what to say! Thanks!

miffy
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Good luck - I'm sure your house (and you) will be fine :)

Miffy xx

Polka Dots
06-02-2009, 08:08 PM
The childcare support worker told me to make sure I'm up to speed on the welfare requirements (section 3) of the eyfs statutory framework. My application form went off today. Don't worry, you'll be fine. :laughing:

misst104
06-02-2009, 09:18 PM
still havn't gotmine out of my bag!!!!!! :o

jo x x x

jibberjitz
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Get them sent - it sounds like your nearly ready in practice :thumbsup:

Liz

littlethistle
07-02-2009, 09:10 PM
i was so worried about my flat, that i havent sent my forms yet.

its three levels and very hard to heat:panic: and its within a golf club.... this bothered me so much so, we ended up looking for somewhere else:D

we found a 3 bedroom bungalow with a big garden :clapping: we move in on the 1st of April :clapping: i cant wait :jump for joy:

Jen4Kids
12-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Eeeek ive posted mine today :eek: :clapping: