PDA

View Full Version : Giving Notice....

Helpinghands
04-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm normally quite good at writing letters but I'm having the hardest time with this one.

The child I am giving notice to only attends for 6 hours a week and I can't seem to fill my vacancies around him.

Please help me word it in the most fair way possible.

Thanks.

Daftbat
04-02-2009, 05:22 PM
How about

Dear X

I have really enjoyed caring for A over the past.......... Unfortunately i have been asked to care for another child on a full time basis (or other hours) which would mean i will no longer be able to continue our contract. I am sure you will appreciate that i have to take in to account my business as a whole and especially in this financial climate i need to ensure that i make the most of the facility i offer.

If i can be of any help in finding a suitable alternative form of childcare then please let me know (then quote CIS website etc.)

(No offense taken if you think its rubbish)

Pipsqueak
04-02-2009, 05:24 PM
have you considered a minimum hours - for example they only need 6 but they pay for a min of say 10 hours per week? or are the timings just really awkward?

I would keep it short and simple and just say due to a change in circumstances you are no longer able to provide this service at the moment.
giving them the last date (accordingy to your contract 2/4 weeks). Suggest that you could help them find alternative care perhaps?

Helpinghands
04-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Your both right...thanks guys!

Its just too akward to keep him...wish i could, he's great!

helenlc
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I have a 10 hours minimum policy.

Some poeple also have a higher fee for fewer hours, so although you dont make as much as more hours, at least you are on a higher rate.

I opted for the 10 hour minimum though.