PDA

View Full Version : Help! mindees not getting along!

louised
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I currently look after two 3 year old mindees every day. Over the last few weeks one of them has become really difficult and doesn't want to join in, won't even sit next to the other, goes off in a sulk when things aren't going his way, being really competetive has to be first all the time, crying all the time, telling tales on the other mindee all the time.
Dad of mindee in question has just learned that he is to be made redundant so maybe bad vibes at home are affecting him, he has actually said to me he is sad because daddy is sad.
They are both due to start school nursery in September and I am praying they go at separate times as I am beginning to feel they need time apart, they are literally driving me up the wall and I'm not sure quite what to do as I've not looked after two who were so close in age. I suppose it's a bit like sibling rivalry, when they are on their own they are both lovely children.

sarah707
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
A lot of it will be like sibling rivalry... and my best advice is that unless they are hurting each other, you tell them you don't listen to tales and why don't they come and look at this new book or play this game with you or find a game to play by themselves for a bit etc...

Hope it passes soon for you! x

Alibali
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
I have 2 3yo's also, and the slightly older one can be quite nasty to the other too. He won't sit beside her or hold her hand when out walking. He's even worse at hand over time when he shouts at her and tells his mum he hates her. She has also just started the same nursery as him but he has been ther since Sept. His mum went to nursery and requested that she not be put in his group, just to re inforce his feelings towards her:angry: .

It is jealousy, and I try to ignore it as much as possible, but I really feel for the little girl cos she is just so sweet towards him and doesn't seem to notice, bless.

Then it all starts again when my lot come home from school!!!