PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I've neglected this board lately...advice also needed please

Bex1
04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Hello and firstly apologies I have not been posting on her very much lately but I will try harder from now on...and please feel free to slap my wrist!

Ok so I still have no contracts signed and have had 3 contacts with a further 2 coming on Fri and Monday.

One of the ladies coming is currently on maternity leave and will be returning to work at the end of this year Nov/Dec time and so she is starting to look around now so she is settled in her mind, happy with situation etc when time comes to return to work. I said that she is quite welcome to come and have a chat with me over coffee which she is doing obviously but how would you approach the meeting. Obv she is not going to be making a decision quickly as mentioned about deciding in the Summer so would you just treat it as a normal first contact? How would I deal with deposit if she asked about signing up in the Summer?

Thank You

Daftbat
04-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I would take a deposit of first month or two weeks minimum and give her a receipt for the money with a signed statement that the deposit would be refundable if she changes her mind so long as you receive 2 months notice prior to when you would have started looking after the child.

rickysmiths
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
NCMA advise not to sign a contract for an unborn baby, or take any deposit. Meet her and if you are both happy then keep in contact and she should come and sign the contrat when the baby is born.

Bex1
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Hello

Sorry I should of said her baby is 6 weeks old so when she is looking to return to work the baby will be approaching 1st birthday!

rickysmiths
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Hello

Sorry I should of said her baby is 6 weeks old so when she is looking to return to work the baby will be approaching 1st birthday!

Oh well that changes things!
I would take a months fees as a deposit when she signs the contract. On the NCMA contracts there are 2 spaces to record.

I would make it clear that if she changes her mind she will forfit the deposit. When the contract starts I hold the deposit until it ends and offset it agianst the last months fees.:clapping: