PDA

View Full Version : lovely mum

ajs
04-02-2009, 10:02 AM
just another thread to remind you all that not all parent's are bad ones to work with.

one of my mum's used to have her own pigs which she butchered to make delicious sausages
last night i called mum to ask if i could buy some sausages from her for tea.

no problem says mum

when she turned up though she was carrying two enormous pans

in one was a lovley shepherds pie and the other was roasted veg for our tea
when i had called her she was just starting cooking her tea and she decided to bring it lock stock and barrell to our house so that we could all eat together.

it was delicious and what's more she took her pans home dirty so i didn't even have to wash them up

Rubybubbles
04-02-2009, 10:03 AM
how lovely:clapping: I wish someone would cook for me lol and take away the dishes, what a dream haha

miffy
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
I'd call her more often :D

Lucky you - especially getting out of the washing up!

Miffy xx

yummymummy
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh what a treat, meals on wheels!!!!! :laughing:

crazybones
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
That is lovely of her and very lucky for you. :clapping:

emler
04-02-2009, 10:09 AM
That was really nice of her - it's good to know there are some lovely parents out there :laughing:

Jen4Kids
04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
What a lovely mum :D Even better about the washing up :thumbsup:

Twinkles
04-02-2009, 10:19 AM
How lovely , she obviously appreciates the good job you do :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
04-02-2009, 10:23 AM
What a lovely treat. :clapping: :clapping: Do you think she would bring tea for my lot tonight! Just about to put a casserole in the slow cooker.

fionamal
04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Oh that was so nice of her. Your very lucky to have someone like her

ajs
04-02-2009, 12:11 PM
What a lovely treat. :clapping: :clapping: Do you think she would bring tea for my lot tonight! Just about to put a casserole in the slow cooker.

it is nice to remember that sometimes they do appreciate what we do and they are thankful too

rickysmith i'll ask, i never thought it would happen for me though as she's the least domesticated of all my parents and doesn't really cook for her family very often.

LOOPYLISA
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
That was lovely of her how thoughfull x

mandy moo
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
just another thread to remind you all that not all parent's are bad ones to work with.

one of my mum's used to have her own pigs which she butchered to make delicious sausages
last night i called mum to ask if i could buy some sausages from her for tea.

no problem says mum

when she turned up though she was carrying two enormous pans

in one was a lovley shepherds pie and the other was roasted veg for our tea
when i had called her she was just starting cooking her tea and she decided to bring it lock stock and barrell to our house so that we could all eat together.

it was delicious and what's more she took her pans home dirty so i didn't even have to wash them up

What a lovley mum, lucky you
Saying that two of my mums bake incredible cakes, which we've been lucky to receive once or twice.

flora
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
How lovely Mandy :clapping:

Trouble
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
how nice of her

jibberjitz
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Wow that is so lovely!!!:)

Liz

charleyfarley
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
How lovely of her :clapping: Lucky you too :thumbsup:

I had a leg of lamb off one of mine once (their own lambs) not cooked though, can't wait for the steaks off their cow :D

Carol xx