PDA

View Full Version : Do OFSTED inspect the equipment you have ?

loobyloo168
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I was just wondering because i have so little storage space its untrue, so quite abit of my equipment is in the spare room, which children dont have access to.

I always have the books, megablocks, sticklebricks, happyland, treading and jigsaws to hand, but stuff like the box of musical instruments, board games, dressing up clothes, dolls and prams, are all upstairs. If they want them of course i go and get them.

I also have 3 boxes of mixed toys, like the torches and lights, shape sorters, and aplahabet board which they can always choose from.

Should i do a list of what i have, so she doesn have to go routing through the spare room ? Do i have to seperate it all into learning areas ??

Oh god cant you tell im being inspected soon and worrying !!!

miss mopple
03-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I had my insoection last week and she didnt check any of it.

I had talked in my SEF about doing a resources catalogue though and she thought that was a great idea.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Why don't you take a photograph of everything and put it in a scrapbook. That way the children and Ofsted know what they have to choose from.

Carol
03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I have a photo album with my equipment and toys in. Great idea as you can forget what you have and if you are doing a topic its nice to see what you can use without going into every box you have.
Ofsted have never checked my toys but have asked what I have to cover multiculture, safety, diversity etc and if it is in a book it is easy to show them.

Carol xx

Jeebo
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi I was inspected in December She didnt look at the contents of my toy boxes but you need to label everything with words and a picture to enable the children to make their own choices.:)

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I am in the process of doing an equipment catalogue too. I keep forgetting what i have and i am sure the kids will loove to choose from it each day.