PDA

View Full Version : which courses?????

Adiamond
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi,I am in the middle of doing the introduction to childcare practice-homebased course which I understand we need to do to register as childminders. I am just wandering if there are any other courses we HAVE to do after this.....I am doing it home study and paying for it all myself I really hope I don't have to pay out for anymore studying. I thought this was all I needed to do and anymore was up to me if I want to do it :panic:
Please help x x x

FizzysFriends
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
You have to do first aid before you can be registered. Its a 12 hour course (either split over a couple of saturdays or over more weeknights). I'd get signed up asap as they fill up quickly in most places.

Allie
03-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Hampshire asks for food hygiene as well, and I would sign up for anything on the EYFS

Allie

Adiamond
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks for your response,I have completed my 1st aid, what I meant was college courses sorry for not being clear it's just someone said that you HAVE to do more than the ICP course,just a bit confused about it all :( x x x

FizzysFriends
03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
All that you have to have is 1st aid and ICP. Anything else is recommended but there is nothing stopping you going them once you are registered.

Tatjana
06-02-2009, 06:00 PM
No, there's no other course you have to do.

xx

Suzanne & Ian
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Is it your local council that decides what courses you need to do b4 you start minding? or is there a min standard req'd???

thx

Suzanne

Debster
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
You have to do DHC 1 and first aid it is good practice to do your safeguarding and I have been told that the food hygeine will become compulsory you will need to complete a level 3 NVQ or DHC level 3 within 5 yrs of minding oh and with Ofsted being so hot on risk assements there is a course that covers that.
:)