PDA

View Full Version : can you help me on what to write to the parents: re being paid for them not coming

sammy
03-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Even though i have signed contracts with my parents of mindees im worried as 2 of them are very part time i think sometimes they think they dont have to follow the same rules as the others who are full time,

So i just wanted to send them all a text basically saying, that just because it is snowing and they havnt bought there child to me then there is still a charge for full fee.

Im not sure how to word it, how about:

"Im just texting just to clarify that i am still available to work this week even though its snowing, therefore i will still require full pay even if you do not bring your child as our contracts states", thanks Sam

Is that ok?

FizzysFriends
03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't say anything, I would charge as normal and then address it if they question it face to face.

crazybones
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I wouldnt text them. Are you paid in arrears or advance. If in arrears then I would just invoice them as normal and have a copy of the contract and your policies as agreed in case they query it.

sammy
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
ok its just i find myself a bit tongue tied when they approach me face to face, and i end up having to explain myself, as both of them dont earn money if they dont go to work, one is a nanny and the other teaches languages in paid sessions. one of them is so good in trying to make you seem wrong and tries to talk you out of things!! i can imagine she would say "you dont have a snow policy!!"

sammy
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
i get paid for one of them on the day i actually have them, and the other one is paid fortnightly in arrears, so i would work 2 weeks then get paid for it.

Twinkles
03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
ok its just i find myself a bit tongue tied when they approach me face to face, and i end up having to explain myself, as both of them dont earn money if they dont go to work, one is a nanny and the other teaches languages in paid sessions. one of them is so good in trying to make you seem wrong and tries to talk you out of things!! i can imagine she would say "you dont have a snow policy!!"

To which you reply 'I don't need one as absences are covered in the contract'

Just practise ( In your head ) what you are going to say.
Don't be a pushover :thumbsup:

crazybones
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM

What does your payment policy say. If it says that you are paid when open then you dont need a "snow policy". If you are available to work at the times they require then they pay. I think by texting them then you are opening up a possible argument when they may already be aware that they have to pay. I dont like to deal with anything "official" by text tbh.

sammy
03-02-2009, 04:58 PM
ok, ill go over it in my head - "i will not be a pushover, i will not be a pushover" haha. ok ill just say that then.

that sounds good to me.

thanks gurlies

Hebs
03-02-2009, 05:05 PM
this is the part i'm dreading :o

Ripeberry
03-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I've had to make a difficult decision just this afternoon to close our pre-school again tomorrow as there is so much black ice its dangerous and in the morning it won't be better.
I did get some of the other committe members views and the Chairman, we just can't take the risk but we know that there will be SOME parents that will decide that we have to re-inburse them as the school was closed.
Arghh! you can't win, open and they might sue you and close they moan about having to pay :mad:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
ok, ill go over it in my head - "i will not be a pushover, i will not be a pushover" haha. ok ill just say that then.

that sounds good to me.

thanks gurlies

I think you need to rethink your payment plan. You have left yourself open to not being paid.

Also, get yourself on an assertiveness course and your confidence seems a little low when dealing with parents.

I wouldn't text them, I would just send them a bill. and ask for the payment by the end of the week.

Pipsqueak
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I agree with whats already been said.
Don't text either - especially about payment - tbh I find that a bit unprofessional. I know its hard doing these things face to face and I get tongue tied as well and go beet red, hot flush - the works but it sounds like these parents have been working your ticket for a while.

Good luck hun

huggableshelly
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I have a policy stating booked hours must be paid for, this covers my full/part and flexi kiddies. i credit hours owed if I'm too ill to work or if there is a serious event that prevents me from opening.