PDA

View Full Version : Problem with school letters

childmind04
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
One child i have goes to nursery am, i usually take and pick up but mum does the odd time, yesterday she collected and dropped her here to save me going along in this weather, when she came here she was babbling about not getting a letter about a trip and she had just been told off by school, i remembered giving her the letter but where it went after that who knows, anyway i told the mum she had got it but she was not having it, went to nursery today to be told that the mum has accused me for not giving them to her :angry:

Luckily the teacher knows me very well but other parents would have been around and over heard, the mum can be a right stroppy madam and loves to point blame anywhere but herself, i am so mad but dont know what way to handle this, if i mention it she will say the teacher is lying and say she never said that, god i am soooo fed up with her attitude and she wonders where her dd is getting it from!!!!!

Kelly
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
There's not much you can do this time, bite your tonge and take some deep breaths! Do you do diaries for your school children if so you could put in there that there is letters in bag. Otherwise you will just have to tell her when a letter has been given out and make sure she knows you know (iyswim)

Good luck

Dragonfly
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Does the child have a little book bag that she takes backwards and forwards to nursery? if she does i would put all letters given from the nursey in that bag before leaving the nursery.Bet the mum finds it in a coat pocket or around her house somewhere.Poor you:(

childmind04
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I have her diary but her mum wont take it home as this is what i used to do but she got sick of being reminded to bring it so now she wont take it home!!!

They keep thier bags at school and change into sandshoes there so it does not come home, i have asked for a bag for my house but she takes it home then never brings it back!!!

Susan

mum22
03-02-2009, 02:59 PM
maybe in future in her childs attendance book get her to sign to say she has received letters from nursery via you .....

Dragonfly
03-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Hand the letters to her at hometime. clip it to the childs coat with a bull dog (no not the animal kind!) so you dont forget. I have a peg for the children with their name on (no not a nursery just feels like it at times). and i put everything straight on the relevant pegs.

childmind04
03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Might just do that about the attendance sheet, they all have their own boxes for pics etc which is where i put the letters and i know i am giving them to her, i have enough letters from the schools for my own children without gaining more from the mindees ;)

tinkerbelle
03-02-2009, 06:43 PM
i had this problem but with the childs dad (contract is not with him they are seperated)
i finally had enough and now text mum about the letter its then saved in my outbox as proof

huggableshelly
04-02-2009, 01:08 PM
i had this problem but with the childs dad (contract is not with him they are seperated)
i finally had enough and now text mum about the letter its then saved in my outbox as proof

I do not send letters or bookbags home with the Dad I call mum on days when Dad has him overnight, he isnt on the contract either as refused to come and have a contract review session with me.

At the moment I have my own children one in infant one in junior so I get copies of all letters from both schools. In Sept 09 I wont gain my own copy of infant letters but the school are fully aware of the childs home situation and are so helpful ensureing that I'm fully aware of what is being sent home.

I do not check all bookbags but this particular child .. I do check, I also keep a diary on him too, school letters are noted in this book not that the parents bother to read it but it does mean that I can look back and say yes I did give a letter to you.

I also add to my wall calander that child Z needs trip fees paid or child Z dinner mone due etc. Then i can remind the dipsy mum (wow I'm glad parents do not come in here to read).