PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep everything?

twinkle3005
03-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi All

Where do you all keep your childminding toys? I sorted through all of mine at the weekend and had loads of big boxes full of all the different toys I have. On top of that I had a large plastic bin full of dress up clothes and two big boxes of books and puzzles then there's all the garden inflatables, sand pit and outdoor toys. I keep it all in the garage but it's starting to take over.

Jo xx

helenlc
03-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I have the cupboard under the stairs as mine for childminding. I, too, sorted mine out at the weekend in the vain hope of making it look efficient rather than a dumping ground!! I did quite well but could still do with more space.

I also have a large bookshelf in the front room that has books, games and toys on it plus a box of dressing up, a box of Little People and a box of MegaBloks. Plus a pram, ride on car and shopping trolley!!

If I pack things away properly, these are slightly obscured by the front room door but are still visible really.

We are considering building a conservatory and this would be for childminding. But I still feel things will be everywhere.

I have a large playhouse at the end of my garden that has my outdoor toys in it. I have also recently put my dolls house up in the loft The LOs have become a bit non fussed with it and its too big to leave lying around whilst not being used. So it has gone up there for a few weeks.

My OH keeps moaning about things being everywhere and saying No to most of my suggestions about putting things in the loft but he has a massive shed that has all his "toys" in it!! :angry:

For the first year I was childminding I only had part timers and so therefore the range of toys I had plus visits to park and toddler groups etc provided enough variety. But I now have a full timer and sometimes feel like I am getting the same things out most of the week. I am going to go along to my local toy library (when the snow clears!) and start taking advantage of that to bring in new toys but without having to worry about storing them long term.

mum22
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
if you want a quote from mu hubby "everywhere":laughing:

Shar
03-02-2009, 12:31 PM
The answer is "Everywhere"!! I'm a toy junkie, there are toys under my bed, in my garage, under the stairs, in the living room etc... DH says he is going to get me a skip!! I may just put him in it!!:angry:

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I recently invested ina storage container for the garden to put away outside toys as they were driving me mad. It also prevents damage from frost. I was lucky- a couple of years ago we extended the house and had a new boiler which doesn't need the tank so the old airing cupboard is where i store most of my toys. OH put some shelving in for me and it really helps.

I think its important especially if like me your own children are older and past having toys everywhere, to be able to put things away and pretend youa re not a childminder when not working. I still have my stair gates up when not working but need them for the dog so i just keep thinking about that.

christine e
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Under the stairs - afraid to open the door as something always falls out!

In the garage.

Garden shed.

Any spare inch of space I fill it!

Cx

balloon
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
everywhere...

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I am always , always trying to minimize the 'look' of my home being a creche lol, have just bought another storage unit and some more baskets from Ikea so I now have 2 together, will try attach a pic, I also have a big cupboard in the utility room I use as I work in the kitchen area most of the time as I dont have a seperate room I can close off at the end of the day... xxx

cant load pic up but its one my fb pictures x

miffy
03-02-2009, 01:04 PM
everywhere...

Me too!

I keep saying I'm not buying anything else but I never stick to it!

Good job my hubby's not bothered by the mess but I feel the house is being taken over :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

LisaH
03-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I have 4 boxes and a book shelf in the living room. A trolley in the kitchen with all my craft stuff. One kitchen cupboard has all the games and jigsaws etc in it. Everything else is in the cupboard under the stairs!!!

My hubby also complains our house looks like a creche:blush:

Twinkles
03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Well I have...........

Playroom full of stuff

Lean to/small conservatory full to brim of stuff

High chairs + low chairs in kitchen

craft stuff in downstairs cupboard

spare car seats in other downstairs cupboard

travel cot in spare room

pushchairs in utility room and car

:D

Bananabrain
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Everyday my house looks more and more like a nursery. To make it worse,I am addicted to buying stuff for the children,mostly charity shop stuff,I'm not rich. Have got some great bargains but can't seem to stop.:laughing:

Always think i haven't got enough,then have a sort out or clean and am horrified at the actual amount of toys I have

:laughing: :laughing:

miss mopple
03-02-2009, 01:30 PM
We've just given up our dining room so now have that as a playroom wnd alot of it goes in there.

Also have a shed full, a unit in the kitchen with painting/palydough stuff and a huge cupboard in DD2's room.

Buggys stay in the boot, with spares in the garage.

It really has taken over!

Rubybubbles
03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
oh everywhere lol

mandy moo
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
if you want a quote from mu hubby "everywhere":laughing:

I brought a Little Tikes Kitchen from sainsburys, and the comment was
'more plastic' he also thinks 'we have more plastic than china'
So I tell him if he wants to buy me wooden toys instead, he can..
He goes all quiet then, funny that:rolleyes: