PDA

View Full Version : Wow - weather gives bonus!

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Don't you just love the snow?

I have my own daughter off school and now will have a fab day with her and her friends. They will take my 3 little ones into the snow and I can watch with my coffee through the glass!

6 others called in as mums are home and doing the school run today and once I have dropped off the remaining 2 I can hibernate.. yippeeeeee

Anyone else staying in?

Forgot to mention - yesterdays snow has frozen over and we have more coming - treacherous conditions

Shar
03-02-2009, 08:13 AM
I love being snowed in!! 2nd day with no kids!! All schools shut and my parents are teachers so no work. Spent most of yesterday cooking as nothing else to do.(spent hours on here too) Have fun ladies!!:thumbsup:

Hebs
03-02-2009, 08:17 AM
All our snow has gone woooohooooo

littletreasures
03-02-2009, 08:20 AM
love being snowed in!! 2nd day with no kids!! All schools shut and my parents are teachers so no work.

Same here. My kids are old enough they want to go off and do their own things with their mates so I don't even have to go out.

I should be doing my risk assessments, SEF etc, but still in pj's at the moment.

don the duck
03-02-2009, 08:39 AM
i have my 3 yrs old home as school nursery closed and my mindees mum is a teacher and closed so no mindee today. hubby on early shift so we re having a lazy morning. still in bed watching tv

rickysmiths
03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I have dh, dd ans ds home all schools closed. One mindee who didnt come yesterday cause of the snow, dad walked her here this morning. one off mum a teacher and the school is close.

The other one texted this morning to say not coming, didnt say why, but this was the one that arrived at 7.30am yesterday driving in the most awful conditions when m &d were home all day!!!!!!!!!

So fun day, my 2 will go out with mindee and like you Debbie I can watch and take photos from the window coffee in hand!:clapping: :clapping:

Still thick snow on the ground, very icy underneath. Lovely bright sunny day.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I have dh, dd ans ds home all schools closed. One mindee who didnt come yesterday cause of the snow, dad walked her here this morning. one off mum a teacher and the school is close.

The other one texted this morning to say not coming, didnt say why, but this was the one that arrived at 7.30am yesterday driving in the most awful conditions when m &d were home all day!!!!!!!!!

So fun day, my 2 will go out with mindee and like you Debbie I can watch and take photos from the window coffee in hand!:clapping: :clapping:

Still thick snow on the ground, very icy underneath. Lovely bright sunny day.

Don't we just love our kids? Especially on days like today - I do..

PixiePetal
03-02-2009, 10:46 AM
One of my mindees who was not coming is now on his way as weather warming up and melting a bit.

My 2 off school too, so hope they will help with him in garden while I watch and take photos !! :laughing: That's if he brings his wellies. :rolleyes:

DH just called home and taken me to Waitrose, so fresh bread and fruit here which will be nice.

Twinkles
03-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I've only got one mindee today , had none yesterday.

Just persuaded ds3 to go in garden with her and make a snowman ;)

Angela234
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I only have 1 mindee today all our schools closed so parents staying home i live on a hilly estate so they didn't want to try to come except my 2 year old who can be very hard work we went out in the snow didn't want to stay out made a snowy picture using salt and glitter on black card that lasted 2 mins
He's now playing with the happyland he usually has a sleep in the afternoon so i can do some paperwork hopefully.

Have a nice day everyone, weather your working or just playing with your own children i do wish i had more children today

Angela

Jules27
03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Our snow is melting rapidly now and schools are open so back to normal here!! (suffolk).

Yesterday mindee was picked up a bit early, hubby came home early so we took the dog for a walk over the fields, was great!!! HAven't been in snow that deep since I was a kid!! my boys aged 2 and 6 had a really good time in it!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LisaH
03-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Only have one mindee again today cos parents have stayed at home. Schools are closed tho so I have my own three at home aswell.

Hoping to get back to normal tomorrow even tho we still have snow on the ground!!:)

misst104
03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
All our snow has gone woooohooooo

wish ours had !

jo x x x :)

mushpea
03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
my two home cause school closed aswell and i was supposed to have 4 mindees but only one arrived, had great fun in the snow today!

Rubybubbles
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
I wish the snow owuld melt, on a walk this morning the paths where hel! really icey underneth which causes so many problems:panic: not looking forward to driving tomorrow as the main road is now completely clear!

My lot (2 own 2 mindies) have just sat down to watch HSM! Been out playing, then adding food colouring to ice, loads off snowy crafts and paintings I need to sit down lol!

We are going to make some cookies later - don't worry though none will go past my lips:clapping:

roll on 6pm!!!

Jules12Wed
03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Yep no kids again today fab!!!!

Been catching up on all paper work. Redone all contracts for parents, Started working on March newsletter never before been so ahead!!

jibberjitz
03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Don't you just love the snow?

I have my own daughter off school and now will have a fab day with her and her friends. They will take my 3 little ones into the snow and I can watch with my coffee through the glass!

6 others called in as mums are home and doing the school run today and once I have dropped off the remaining 2 I can hibernate.. yippeeeeee

Anyone else staying in?

Forgot to mention - yesterdays snow has frozen over and we have more coming - treacherous conditions

Its fab isn't it!!!:clapping: I work p/t at a college which was closed today:thumbsup: so took my girls sledging this afternoon and had great fun

Liz:)

miffy
03-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh I've loved playing in the snow with the mindees these last two days.

Hoping it doesn't stay for much longer though, I'll be worn out! :laughing:

Miffy xx