PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the list

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Morning!

Sitting here in the kitchen listening to the local radio station - which i can't normally stand in the morning - to see if our local school is closed. My elder daughters school is closed so she is happily lazing in bed (she is 15). Feel sure that if local one is closed will have a hot phone for the next hour. Will either be a busy day or a nice quiet one as i am not due to be working this morning:panic:

I have a black german shepherd 7 month old puppy who is really enjoying the snow - never normally wants to out in the garden after having his morning walk but can't get him in this morning - mind you he look really cool against the white snow.

Well - back to listening!

angeldelight
03-02-2009, 07:46 AM
You can look on your local radios website they have all the school closures on their

Also your local council are doing the same everywhere

Angel xx

sarah707
03-02-2009, 07:47 AM
It's all but melted here :jump for joy: so they are definitely at school! :D

miffy
03-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Hope you have a quiet day :)

Miffy xx

RedDragon
03-02-2009, 07:50 AM
All my 3 schools are closed so everyone bar the 1 preschooler I have is staying at home.
Shame pre schooler is coming really because husband's school is closed too - Ah well, I have to be available for work and I know some are struggling to find work so I won't complain.

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 08:09 AM
website for radio station has crashed! so having to listen - still open as yet - fingers crossed

Shar
03-02-2009, 08:16 AM
All schools closed here:clapping: Will keep my fingers crossed for you:thumbsup:

deeb66
03-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Hope you have managed to find out.

All schools in Surrey are closed so my 13 yr old still in his bed snooring :D

tinkerbelle
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
i listen to same station as penny lol
140 schools in our area closed guess which 1 didnt my kids iv got all mindees here schoolies and nursery so i kept my kids home too :D

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2009, 09:23 AM
allt he snow has melted over night here worst look :(

squiggle
03-02-2009, 09:26 AM
we still have inches here.

my dd's nursery closed early yesterday and the roads were clear :rolleyes:

today is it much worse and it is open ...... couldn't work that one out this morning. we are close enough to walk thankfully

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 09:27 AM
There seems to be many closed. All our rural schools are closed as the teachers are snowed in!

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Our school is open!:eek:

Just got back from taking them - youngest daughter not happy she has had to go when sister is at home.

On the up side i can get some housework done this morning and promised nbursery kids we can build a snowman when i pick them up.

Hope snow is around for older ones when they get home - could do with it gone tomorrow though

marion123
03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
our snow has all gone there wasnt much anyway :laughing: my beagle pup who 4 months also loves the snow i cant get her in either hope you have a good day

Daftbat
03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Our school is open!:eek:

Just got back from taking them - youngest daughter not happy she has had to go when sister is at home.

On the up side i can get some housework done this morning and promised nbursery kids we can build a snowman when i pick them up.

Hope snow is around for older ones when they get home - could do with it gone tomorrow though

So much for building a snowman - really disappointed as the snow here is the sort that is crunchy and then doesn't stick together so no snowman:panic: however, made the best of it and we had a mini snowball fight (as i say it won't stick together) and jumped around making footprints. Just come back for food and a warm drink - we all plan to snuggle up and watch a film this pm till time to go back to school:laughing: Sun has been shining here and all looks very pretty

mandy moo
03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
It's all but melted here :jump for joy: so they are definitely at school! :D

we've still got loads, melting very slowley:mad:

tinkerbelle
03-02-2009, 12:58 PM
well i started out well and took my kids to school but playground was really bare so brought them back home theyve been in the garden most of the morning snowballing yay:clapping: :clapping:

LisaH
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
My kids school is closed again to day for 'health and safety' reasons. Please let it be open again tomorrow!!!!:D

PixiePetal
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Our snow is slowly melting but we did get a lot. Good stuff too, really stuck together well for snowmen :thumbsup: :laughing:

kids been off for 2 days but looks like back tomorrow.