PDA

View Full Version : Can't get hold of parent.

SimplyLucy
03-02-2009, 06:23 AM
WOW we have snow in Devon! :clapping: :D

I have a 6.30am arrival due this morning. I've tried ringing to warn them that my road is like a skating rink. (They live in a different town to me so I'm not sure how much snow they have.) They only have a mobile and it's switched off :angry: .

I've only rung it once, tough really, should have been switched on at 6am at least. What if me or one of my children were ill and I couldn't open.

I live on a really steep hill so there is no way she should drive down it. I just watched a car trying to get up, he gave up and slid back to the bottom. How he managed to avoid the parked cars I'll never know.

I put my children to bed last night then it started snowing. I got them all up again, put shoes and coats on with their jammies and went out to play. They thought I'd lost my marbles until one by one each front door opened and out popped a child in coat shoes and jammies! Us parents all had a fab snowball fight too. Oh and a teenager over the road who hasn't left his bedroom since Christmas (refusing to even go to school) ran out and had a wonderful time with all the little ones! He was even offering to take their dogs for a walk! Amazing what excitement a bit of snow can cause! :clapping: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
03-02-2009, 07:10 AM
hpoe manage to get hold of them! weren't you saying yesterday you had none? see we snet it your way lol

Got 2 school children today as the school closed:clapping: got loads to do with it still covered in snow out back (although I don;t think any more fell) then my friend dd is 9 so we are going for an early party this afternoon not this evening:D

have a great day

FizzysFriends
03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Hope they got there safely without taking any silly risks with mindees in the car.

PixiePetal
03-02-2009, 07:21 AM
My kids school is closed again.

Parent of sibling mindees is waiting to hear from her school to see if she is working (teacher). Phoned to see how things were at mine already.

Parent of other mindee waiting to hear from her school (another teacher)

......................first parent phoned back. No school :D :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
03-02-2009, 07:27 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: She rang me WHILST driving down a steep hill explaining how she was slipping all over the place. She obviously had her 3 children in the car.

They parked at the top of the road and walked down. I went out out help bring the children down. When I got to her she turned around walked back to her car leaving me to struggle down the hill with HER children. :angry: Wish I hadn't gone outside now. :angry:

PixiePetal
03-02-2009, 07:31 AM
OMG beggars belief!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some parents have priorities all wrong.:angry:

Mollymop
03-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Oh the poor kids Lucy! I am glad they got to you safely, but only just after hearing the mum rang you while she was driving and sliding all over the place! Why couldn't she just park up first and then ring you?

Nice to hear that all the children nejoyed the snow last night

nell57
03-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Oh dear why doesn't this surprise me:rolleyes:

Glad they got to you safely

balloon
03-02-2009, 07:39 AM
great to hear the kids enjoying themselves in the snow Lucy

still trying to login into gemini to find out if loval schools are closed here ...

angeldelight
03-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Hope they arrive safe

Enjoy the snow

Angel xx

miffy
03-02-2009, 07:44 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: She rang me WHILST driving down a steep hill explaining how she was slipping all over the place. She obviously had her 3 children in the car.

They parked at the top of the road and walked down. I went out out help bring the children down. When I got to her she turned around walked back to her car leaving me to struggle down the hill with HER children. :angry: Wish I hadn't gone outside now. :angry:

With some parents you just can't win!

Hope you have a good day playing in the snow

Miffy xx

marion123
03-02-2009, 09:36 AM
dont offer to help her when she picks them up tonight some parents :mad:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Enjoy the snow and have fun - you cannot change parents so don't give them the time

LittleMissSparkles
03-02-2009, 09:39 AM
dont offer to help her when she picks them up tonight some parents :mad:

agreed see how she likes it x

rickysmiths
03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree no help tonight. Parents never cease to amaze me. One of mine arrived on apalling roads at 7.30am yesterday, parents were both home. :eek: The others stayed at home.

Today one dad walked with mindee this morning, they enjoyed that! one off mum works in a closed school, the one who was here yesterday isnt today!!!:(

SimplyLucy
03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Well all mindees turned up today. Thank goodness the school is open!

NONE of them had wellies or over trousers, all stated on their contracts they they need to bring them in rain/snow. :rolleyes:

I made sure all 8 children were ready for school by 8am so we could go out and play. Thank goodness I keep a large selection of wellies here, my own children are all similar ages to mindees. They all got a pair of wellies that fitted and we had a great time outside playing!

Forecast more snow later on. :clapping:

angeldelight
03-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Well all mindees turned up today. Thank goodness the school is open!

NONE of them had wellies or over trousers, all stated on their contracts they they need to bring them in rain/snow. :rolleyes:

I made sure all 8 children were ready for school by 8am so we could go out and play. Thank goodness I keep a large selection of wellies here, my own children are all similar ages to mindees. They all got a pair of wellies that fitted and we had a great time outside playing!

Forecast more snow later on. :clapping:

Did you get more snow Lucy ?

Angel xx