PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Wraps

Minnie Minx
30-01-2008, 01:59 PM
"I love this and serve it all the time, especially if fussy small children around. They can just fill it with the bits they like and leave out the bits they don't like. Though they do often find it so much fun that they forget that they don't like vegetables. I like to watch their parents' jaws drop at what their kids have just eaten!"

You can use just about any veg in it, raw or lightly cooked, and any sort of meat (or refried beans for vegetarians). I find that the more variety I offer, the more veg the kids will actually eat: put out some grated carrot, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, beansprouts and each kid might only select half the foods but it still adds up to a lot of vegetables they are eating. They just can't resist including lots of different items because it is so fun to sprinkle it on and wrap it up.

I serve it with salsa and soured cream but most kids won't eat the salsa.

What you need
Chicken pieces
Oil
Any vegetables
Tortilla Wraps or pitta bread

Fry some chicken breast pieces in a tiny bit of olive oil in a non-stick pan.

Meanwhile grate some carrot and some cheese and steam some fresh broccoli spears. Whilst warming one or two flat tortilla wraps each in the microwave for 20 seconds.

Give the kids a tortilla each with some chicken on, then let the kids help themselves to a handful of each of the other ingredients, roll them up and... yum!

Great for us adults too !!

originally posted by angel