PDA

View Full Version : bump on the head stickers ???

loubilou
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
does anyone know where i could get 'bump on the head' stickers ?:)

Monkey1
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Haven't got a clue what they are never mind where to get them.....sorry

DudleyChildmind
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
What are they, I've never heard of them before?

loubilou
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I went on a first aid course a few months ago and a childminder there mentioned it. I thought it was a good idea because when a child has bumped their head and you tell the parent and get them to sogn all the relevant papers etc. they tend to forget that they should still be montitoring them !!!! So a visual aid for the parents / pre-school even.:littleangel:

Allie
02-02-2009, 06:54 PM
First thought this a good idea then wondered if such a good idea as if your head hurts do you really want a sticker on it as other children may poke the sticker or the child could be embarrassed by it?

Allie

What do you think???

breezy
02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
local schools just use plain red stickers an send children home with that on and a "bump on the head letter."

my mindees parents usually have a visual reminder of a big lump:laughing:

FizzysFriends
02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
DD's school have stickers with a banded cartoon character on that says keep an eye on me I bumped my head today.

I think they get them printed though as each teacher has their own stickers (like Mrs Smith says keep up the good work).

I will ask the teacher though where they get them from.

sue m
02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I could do with one of those for my Mum. :panic: She's just told me she fell indoors on thursday and has 2 black eyes and a cut on her nose and she had a bad nosebleed. She's 80 next month. And here was me worrying about her going out and falling. I'm 160 miles away.

FizzysFriends
02-02-2009, 07:04 PM
http://www.rewards4.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=R4SOS&Category_Code=C01-02

sarah707
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I could do with one of those for my Mum. :panic: She's just told me she fell indoors on thursday and has 2 black eyes and a cut on her nose and she had a bad nosebleed. She's 80 next month. And here was me worrying about her going out and falling. I'm 160 miles away.

Oh Sue it's a constant worry isn't it?

My mother is so independent and really rather silly with some of the things she tries to do for herself.

Feeling for you! xx

Twinkles
02-02-2009, 08:01 PM
You could just print some off yourself and then they will say exactly what you want.

angeldelight
02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
There are some here

You do have to pay for them but not a bad price ..£3.28 for 80 stickers

http://www.brainwaves.net/search.asp?types=yes&type=Healthcare

Angel xx

loubilou
02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the websites both are just what I wanted !!:clapping:

Amaranth
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM
You can also get them from www.primaryteaching.co.uk I get a lot of mine from there. They usually have a stand at the Manchester early years exhibition and you can get some bargains there too.

sue m
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh Sue it's a constant worry isn't it?

My mother is so independent and really rather silly with some of the things she tries to do for herself.

Feeling for you! xx

Thanks Sarah. She does my head in to be honest but I feel quite sick when I think of her on her own hurting herself in a fall like that. She was going to put the bin out tonight for the bin men in the morning but she has to take it down her path which is on a slope and put it outside the gate so I told her not to. I hope she hasn't. I feel guilty about not living nearer but she also manages to get digs in, she knows which buttons to push! This happened last Thurtsday but she didn't ring and tell me. She says "well, what could you do!".