PDA

View Full Version : Planning.....do i need to do ....not sure.....

Zoemum2four
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
At the moment I look after 2 children but my working hrs with them are 6pm till 9pm up to twice a wk, I pick them up from after school club...as until now I havent done any weekly or monthly plans.... but after reading about planning on here, im now wondering if i should, I just feel i only have them for a max of 3hrs in one evening which consists of dinner/homework and by 8pm they are a sleep..... Can anyone advice on weather i really should be doing plans....:panic:

miss mopple
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't worry too much as you are catering to their needs and thats fine.

If you did do written plans I suspect it would be a waste of time as whatever you plan just wouldnt get done.

I asked my inspector last week how much they expected to see by way of planning/evidence for before/after schoolers and she just said that as long as I am catering for my after schoolers needs, even if that means letting him flop in front of tv to unwind (her words!) then thats fine. At the end of a busy day they dont want or needs structured activities.

Hope that helps!

Chatterbox Childcare
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
No planning needed - your routines are your EYFS, just make sure you know which part when Ofsted ask.

Zoemum2four
02-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks to u both for that has put my mind at rest......I am doing my eyfs with my youngest mindee and when i had my ofsted inspection she was really happy with want i had already done in the short space of time i have with these children.....:)