PDA

View Full Version : fingers crossed thats it and unbelievable!!

samgeordie
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I got a call from the court this morning to say my name was off the list for jury service and i didn't need to turn up next week:clapping: .

I was a bit confused though cos she mentioned a citation letter arrived from royal mail and said something about not being there - i heard the words in a blur cos i was happy i didn't have to go. I had sent another letter on friday with letters from my mindees parents so im hoping it was in relation to that as there were initially not going to let me off even after telling them i was a childminder and had no childcare for my own daughter. Fingers crossed I hear no more.

I e-mailed my mindees parents to let them know and at 1.10pm one of the mums phoned (i have her daughter on a tues & thurs afternoon) saying she was pleased about me not having to go and "oh don't supposed you can take dd this afternoon":eek: . She wanted me to take her daughter within 30mins so she got some peace, i was nearly speechless but quickly replied - no sorry im actually not working today and I promised my daughter we would be going out this afternoon. I actually went and built a snowman with my little one cos my normal monday mindee didn't need me today.

Can't believe this woman, she obviously thinks i wait in the house all day just incase she phones and must think im that desperate for the cash:angry:

sarah707
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I am sure everyone will breathe a sigh of relief! :D

avril
02-02-2009, 06:59 PM
That's handy to know for future reference!