PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr no gloves, hats or scarves

Saranotts
02-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I know, I shouldn't be surprised but WHY OH WHY ........ did one parent send their children with no, gloves, hats or scarves this morning when it was a blizzard and they knew their children would be having to walk to school. They also dropped them off as we were starting to walk and so I didn't have chance to get my spares out for them!

Grrrr bet they wouldn't have liked to be out in. The poor kids had to borrow mine and my older sons as they were soooo cold and crying.

I will be reminding parents tonight to bring them tomorrow.

Sara

venus89
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Do they drive? They probably never even thought of it... Or thought that their kids might like to be out there playing in it. Some parents will bundle their kids in front of the TV on a day like this wit a bag of crisps.......

Hebs
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
:blush: i'm one of these parents

my son won't wear a hat/scarf OR gloves

i must look like a mean mum :blush:

emler
02-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Happens here all the time too. I've got a supply of spares now so the little ones don't freeze when we're out!

Saranotts
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
:blush: i'm one of these parents

my son won't wear a hat/scarf OR gloves

i must look like a mean mum :blush:

My ds was the same and even now he would be wearing bermuda shorts if I let him but these children always complain about the cold and I have reminded their parents before that we have a 10 minute walk to school and so they need appropriate clothing. It was such a shame because they were so excited by the snow but within minutes were bitterly cold and crying.

Sara

loocyloo
02-02-2009, 12:52 PM
LOL ... my ds walked to school in shorts today! ok, he did have waterproof trousers over them, and his wellies, but thats what he likes to wear!!! then school was closed and he came home! he did then decide to put trackpants on!

he did also have hat/scarf/gloves and big coat on! he gets so hot at school, that he usually comes out just in his tshirt anyway!

xxx

jibberjitz
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Hope you got them 'told':D

Liz

Hebs
02-02-2009, 08:54 PM
My ds was the same and even now he would be wearing bermuda shorts if I let him

Sara

:laughing: my son is the same, funny isn't it

Carol
02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Its warm in the car so they dont think!!!
If a small child wont wear gloves I put long....sports socks on their arms and it takes ages for them to remove and they get fed up so leave them:laughing: :laughing: It keeps them warm.

Carol xx

Saranotts
02-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Its warm in the car so they dont think!!!
If a small child wont wear gloves I put long....sports socks on their arms and it takes ages for them to remove and they get fed up so leave them:laughing: :laughing: It keeps them warm.

Carol xx

mmmmmm I might try that on my husband, he always refuses to wear gloves :laughing: :laughing:

Yep, told the parents, don't think it will happen again (better not).

Sara