PDA

View Full Version : They're not all bad!

venus89
02-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I just want to say that not all parents are thoughtless/rude/incosiderate.... Really, it's true!!

My morning mindees Mum phoned to let me know she was coming this mornig so I'd know she was. Her dad gave her a lift in and they said could he bring the pushchair round in 20 mins as Grandma (who picks LO up) walked to work today and will need to take him home in the pushchair. As it hapens, when I got my pushchair out of the car this morning then I discovered it's broken so I said plaease could I borrow theirs as they were dropping it rond anyway. Then I asked if they'd keep LO with them till the Grandad came back with the pushchair (after dropping Mum to work in the next village) so he didn't have to walk to school and back with me. They were perfectly happy to do this, even though they're paying for me to have him then....
Oh and Mum just phoned to say Grandma's school is closing at lunch time so is it OK if she picks LO up at about 12......

Now, if they were all as thoughtful as that wouldn't this job be so much easier?!

emler
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
:clapping: Glad to hear they're not all bad :laughing:

green puppy
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
My mindees parents are great aswell, they always pay on time or earlier, always ask way in advance if they need extra days etc... always phone if they are stuck in traffic and apologise even if a couple of minutes late. They often say childminders are underrated and they always write lovely comments in the mindees daily diaries.:)
ali

madasahatter
02-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I totally agree with you. My mindees parents are all fab. Every one of them phoned before coming today to make sure it was ok. They tell me when they're going to be early or late (though that's far less often than them being early!). And more importantly they have all always paid me on time!
Sometimes I feel I would swap the children, but I wouldn't swap the parents for anything LOL!:laughing:

sue m
02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
My mindees parents are great aswell, they always pay on time or earlier, always ask way in advance if they need extra days etc... always phone if they are stuck in traffic and apologise even if a couple of minutes late. They often say childminders are underrated and they always write lovely comments in the mindees daily diaries.:)
ali

Same here, mine are lovely too.

Daftbat
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
You're right they are not all bad - most of them are great. Trouble is its the few that are not who wind us all up.

At least we can all moan here rather than bottling it all up and eventually exploding at the wrong people.:eek:

jibberjitz
02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Good to hear - was getting a bit worried!!:laughing:

Liz

Heaven Scent
02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
My one and only remaining set of parents are brill too.

misst104
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
ali

where did you find them and are ther any more ;)

jo x x x :)

Carol
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Its nice having good parents who consider us!

I too am lucky mine are great parents its the kids :angry:
Only kidding:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

angeldelight
04-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Thats really nice

You are right they are not all bad

Angel xx

PixiePetal
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
I have only had one inconsiderate set of parents in over 14 years. Lucky I guess :)

Excuse was that she was pregnant with number 2 and so tired/sick/emotional etc and it was early days. My reply was actually so am I ( not told many people at that stage) and I have your child and two others to care for while you are having a break ! I was at the stage of 'if you don't like what I am saying finish your child NOW'!!

All settled down till I fell and broke my wrist. I had to finish immediatly ( luckily children were finishing for summer hols, just missed 2 weeks at the end.)

Bushpig
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Mine are generally all lovely too... there is always one though... ;)

wendywu
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Mine are all fab. :)