PDA

View Full Version : Sainsburys Active Kids

mandy moo
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Have just received a telephone call (went on to answer machine ,was changing a nappy) from H**th*r at sainsburys, In reply to the email I sent them saturday,
To say that child minders are not able to collect and reedem sainsburys active kids vouchers!!! They are for schools etc etc :angry:
Please let me know how many of you have received your packs or had positive feed back from them..
and i shall call them back..
Many thanks

cloud9
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Have just received a telephone call (went on to answer machine ,was changing a nappy) from H**th*r at sainsburys, In reply to the email I sent them saturday,
To say that child minders are not able to collect and reedem sainsburys active kids vouchers!!! They are for schools etc etc :angry:
Please let me know how many of you have received your packs or had positive feed back from them..
and i shall call them back..
Many thanks

Yes i have and they also send a special catalogue titled in large letters on the front childminders, where we can choose our goodies from.

squiggle
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM
this is my 3rd year i have saved them......

good luck, lots of people had problems last year

xx

miss mopple
02-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Ive just rang to register and although she had to go and check she has registered me no problem :thumbsup:

I'd challenge them.

Good luck!

son77
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I too have used them for the last 2 years but not had any special childminder packs or anything.

I did have to fight my case with them though.

Stanfield
02-02-2009, 03:27 PM
I have also phoned them up with no luck!
They say it is for schools only?!?

Will have to try again...

Jules27
02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Anyone have a number to call??? WOuld like to try and register. I don't shop at Sainsburys but dad does!!! lol!!!:)

SimplyLucy
02-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I've just emailed them, I'd love to be able to collect this year.

RachelE
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I had a call from someone at Sainsburys this afternoon in response to an email I sent.

She said hopefully the information will be available in about 2 weeks or so. She advised to check the website then or a bit later and if still unsure then to give them a call.

She didnt, however, say that it wasnt unavailabe to childminders, just to check later. She sounded quite positive!

Confusing!! :confused:

jaytravis
03-02-2009, 07:06 AM
i rang yesterday afternoon and she regiserted me no probs with me being a childminder but did say i would have to collect a lot to get anything x

HelenJC
03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
I registered last year - managed to save enough for a plastic chopping board!

Childminders can also register for the Tesco Computers For Schools and the Sports one they do later in the year. You can bank vouchers to use the following year if you don't have enough to buy anything.

Helen

FizzysFriends
03-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I have just had a email from them saying I can't register as its only for school etc.

I have replied questioning their mail.

miss mopple
03-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I emailed them too (before I rang and registered successfully)

this is the reply

Thank you for your enquiry.

Smaller organisations such as Childminders won't necessarily benefit much from the scheme due to their smaller number of children. Although the catalogue does contain items for small amounts of Active Kids Vouchers these items are obviously small items that don't have the same impact as the larger rounder sets, bikes etc.

However if you feel you could collect enough vouchers to benefit and would like to register please provide your full name, address and telephone number.

Kind Regards

Sainsburys Active Kids Team

louise
03-02-2009, 02:04 PM
I was just going to post the email i recieved but its the same as yours Miss mopple. I gave so many last year as all the family saved theirs for my ds. Its worth a try.
Louise

Stanfield
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I emailed them too (before I rang and registered successfully)

this is the reply

Thank you for your enquiry.

Smaller organisations such as Childminders won't necessarily benefit much from the scheme due to their smaller number of children. Although the catalogue does contain items for small amounts of Active Kids Vouchers these items are obviously small items that don't have the same impact as the larger rounder sets, bikes etc.

However if you feel you could collect enough vouchers to benefit and would like to register please provide your full name, address and telephone number.

Kind Regards

Sainsburys Active Kids Team

I have now also had this reply via email and sent off my details.
To reply to the email I used the following email address

Consumer.Services@SainsburysActiveKids.co.uk

miffy
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
From this year you are able to bank your vouchers for 2010 so it doesn't matter if you don't save a lot. Previously you've had to spend all or they were worthless.

I've had my "welcome pack" and there is a special catalogue just for childminders

If they won't register you straight away keep badgering until they do!

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
03-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I just had an email back saying I couldn't register.

I rang them, explained I was a childminder, confused the woman by talking about EYFS and linking to nurseries/pre-schools and schools and should be given the same oppertunities..............she registered me right away!

FizzysFriends
03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
After I argued with them they registered me.

Now just need to email everyone I know to ask for their vouchers.