PDA

View Full Version : Snowed in!! Day off, Yipee!!

Shar
02-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow, I got a day off!! Schools closed, Kids can't get to me, parents can't get to work!! Will have to build a snowman on my own. :clapping:

mandy moo
02-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Ive got one mindee coming, parents are going to work although a lot of people in our street, have gone to work and come back, so we will see.,
The other one hasnt rung yet, schools closed, so i assume she'll be coming!

Hope you have a good day

Jules12Wed
02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
I've had four children cancel for today. Just waiting to hear about last one so may have a free day!!!

squiggle
02-02-2009, 08:56 AM
both of my little ones are here. we have had snow but all roads seem to be clear.

the local nursery is shutting at lunchtime though so one will be picked up early as r's mum works there.

will see how the weather goes today

x

Bushpig
02-02-2009, 08:57 AM
All my kids are coming/here already, some folks are working, some arent.

misst104
02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
How lovely for you. ENJOY the free time, although I bet being a women you will find lots of jobs to do. Don't think we are generally very good at sitting with our feet up (I'm not anyway!). Whatever you get up to have fun! :thumbsup:

jo x x x :)

marion123
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
mine are all here so we are going in the garden later to build a snow man :)

Luciawak
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I've got day off too! My DH works in London. He thought he would at least attempt to get to work - more fool him! Not only were most of the trains cancelled but on the way back from the station his car got stuck in snow! I have loads of NVQ & EYFS work to do and now my DH is going to be hogging the PC - typical.

Love
Lucia
XX

louised
02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I have 1 mindee others have parents at home, primary schools are open and mindees mum is a teacher, secondary school is closed though so my kids are at home

LittleMissSparkles
02-02-2009, 09:12 AM
No such Luck here I ve just walked 5 children to school in a blizzard of snow :( it was awful xxx enjoy your time off xxx

jacky
02-02-2009, 09:22 AM
mine are all here as well even the one that comes at 7am was on time. my dp went to collect another this morning at 6am and the roads were not too bad then but when he came back they were awful. think we will go out and build a snowman this morning and then come in for some nice hot chocolate and homemade biscuits.:D

jibberjitz
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow, I got a day off!! Schools closed, Kids can't get to me, parents can't get to work!! Will have to build a snowman on my own. :clapping:

Yay for snow!!!! :jump for joy: Enjoy building your snowman:laughing:

Liz

Rubybubbles
02-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I have closed for the day:D

I can;t risk going to get the children, hubby stayed last night and his car marks had been completely covered in no time, and with the weather report I can;t risk not being able to get the children home, also all the schools in local area are closed

still felt like poo for doing so though!! BUT health and safety first;)

(for those that don't know I do pick ups and drop off BTW!!)

helenlc
02-02-2009, 09:47 AM
My one mindee's mum cannot get into work so has cancelled - yipee - day off!!

My kids school is closed so we have been out playing snow ball fights at 8am this morning!!!

Did my ironing yesterday and tidied cupboard Saturday so might have to do paper work today!!! Lol

wendywu
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I have only got 1 mindee made it and he is being collected early at 1.

Hope it lasts for a week:clapping: