PDA

View Full Version : White Monday!!!!!!

rickysmiths
02-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Well I'm not normally up this early!!! Got a cough and got up to get a drink. Was up at 2am and we had had a dusting of snow. According to the radio east west and south of us was havin a terrible time! Stansted was closed.

WELL..................... NOW WE HAVE INCHES OF THE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

There is inches of the stuff! Still coming down hard.

The children will be over the moon. School is sure to be closed, Half the staff won't be getting out of the villages they live in, never mind the school buses negociating all the sinle track lanes:eek: :eek:

Cannot believe I've just heard a plane? Surely Heathrow must be closed now? Perhaps they have had to turn to go elsewhere. Now the 3rd one since I started typing.!

Not seen snow like this since it chucked it down at 3.15pm in 2003. Took me 31/2hrs to drive home from school (4miles). Normally took 20mins!

Be interesting to see how many mindees make it up to the top of the hill!!!!

I live at the highest point in the town. The first mum will be getting up now
to head off to work having gone to bed at 8pm! What a shock. I have a feeling she wont be going far. (Dont worry I dont have lo until dad goes to work at 7.30am:eek: )

There are going to be some fab photos going in the obs books today for those of us that are working.

Blaze
02-02-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm up too...Grace now has a cough, but fingers crossed the other 2 seem to be on the mend...I may even let them have a few minutes play in the snow!:clapping: Will be making a trek to Boots as soon as it's open to see if they have:clapping: any cough medicine suitable for a 4 month old (that :clapping: she isn't allergic to)!:rolleyes:

rickysmiths
02-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Well! 11/2hrs later and its still snowing!!!!!!!! Looks like hubby wont be able to get to school 10 miles away.
Tube running here, but waiting to see if the buses get up the hill to us! Even so he would then have a mile to walk all down hill cause there are no buses in greater London at present.:( :(

PixiePetal
02-02-2009, 06:52 AM
We are all whited out here!! :(

waiting for the official school closure on radio.

singlewiththree
02-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Around here I've NEVER known the school to close so I'm trying to decide how to negotiate the snow,

car - NO

3 wheeled Double buggy - when I have a 3yr old I'm going to drop off at nursery and prob won't sit in it.

4 wheeled single buggy - that I will probably have to drag through the snow

Hum

PixiePetal
02-02-2009, 07:01 AM
:) 10 mins and the list will be on radio. Todays mindees are primary school teachers and one whose mum teaches at college, so prob home with my two :)

Our estate is at bottom of hill and neighbour couldn't get out, DH has just left so will be back in a min I think!! He needs to get to farm to feed cows. Will bring tractor home if he makes it in :D

Radio have said look on web for closures too but it's down!

rickysmiths
02-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Just heard that one local primary closed, its a the top of a hill like use. Still waiting for a bus up here, 2 lonely soles waiting fear they may be there a long time.:(

jibberjitz
02-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Its all white here too (West Yorks) :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Liz