PDA

View Full Version : How do you get around with 3 under 3?

singlewiththree
01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
My DD isn't a good walker at 2 1/2 and I may be having 3 under 3 and I just wondered how you get around?

My DD will have just turned 3 when I have a 2yr old and a 7mth in the double, do you use a buggy board with a double?

ajs
01-02-2009, 10:06 PM
how about with 4 under 3

i do have a triple buggy but you can't get into many shops with it
so i am perservering with the double and encouraging the older 2 to walk using wrist straps if need be

i don't go many places with them at the moment we can just about manage to toddlers and the park

crazybones
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
My son has only just turned 3 but as the oldest has always had to have the choice of walking or buggy board. I do sometimes sit him on the hood of my nipper when he is really tired. Shush :o He is a very good walker though.

MrsT333
01-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I use double buggy and make them swap, but I dont walk them far, just to park etc.

I must admit I find it easir in the car, and just keeping the youngest in the buggy and older ones on a wrist strap.

rickysmiths
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I have 3 under 5s 3 days and 4 under 5s 2 days.

I'm lucky the older ones 3yrs, 21/2yrs and 2yrs are all good walkers so I use a double buggy and reins or a single buggy and reins depending on how far we are going.

I bought a buggy board but I haven't used it yet.:clapping: :clapping:

charleyfarley
01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I have a 3 yo, a 2 yo and 1 yo, the younger ones go in the double buggy with my ds going on the buggy board. He is a good walker but sometimes asks to go in buggy so I put the 2 year old on buggy board which he loves.

The 2 older ones do walk to pre school once a week, holding hands all the way, it's so sweet which will get them ready for when they have to walk to nursery come September.

Carol xxx

beerheaven
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
In the past I have used a buggy board on a double buggy, but generally I do 'encourage' one to walk!
Quite lucky at present as the 2 and a half year old loves walking, and does at a good pace!

Chatterbox Childcare
01-02-2009, 10:34 PM
I have 2 1 year old (nearly 2) and a 2 year old (nearly 3).

The little ones go in the buggy and the older one walks to school but on the way back the older of the 1 year olds always wants to walk back.

If the 2 year old looks tired I give him the scooter.

Jules27
01-02-2009, 10:36 PM
hmmm, I will be in this situation soon.. my son is also 2 1/2 and not keen on walking very far. Personaly was thinking of going down route of buggy board as I am NOT getting a tripple buggy, hubby would go mad and we have no where to store it!!:eek:

madasahatter
01-02-2009, 11:08 PM
I have a 3yr old, 2.5 yr old and a 10 month. I rarely get my double out. I get them walking the 300m to school when they are 18months and by the time they are 2 they will happily walk to the park and back (just over a mile) or into town (1 mile) with a treat of a bus ride back. I have the walkers on wrist straps or long reins.

michellethegooner
01-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I use double buggy and make them swap, but I dont walk them far, just to park etc.

I must admit I find it easir in the car, and just keeping the youngest in the buggy and older ones on a wrist strap.

HA HA that made me chuckle had to re-read it lol do you tie buggy onto back of car and let older ones jog :laughing: :laughing:

sorry couldnt resist :laughing:

HomefromHome
02-02-2009, 07:55 AM
My DD isn't a good walker at 2 1/2 and I may be having 3 under 3 and I just wondered how you get around?

My DD will have just turned 3 when I have a 2yr old and a 7mth in the double, do you use a buggy board with a double?

i do as my dd (3) is tiny so finds it hard to walk great distances.
i have a mclaren twin traveller (side by side) and use a buggy board on the back. work fine and easily got used to walking slightly off cue (buggyboard on the right hand side).
hope this helps - if you want a pic of how this looks let me know!!!:)

(dd does walk if it's not far like shops, school, etc - just not to town (2.5 miles)!)

mandy moo
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
My mindees are 17mths, 10mths, 3 1/2, and 4yrs 11 months.
The 2 smallest ones go in my New double buggy, it brilliant, and the oldest 2 walk, moaning like mad, coz they have to a walk!

My own 2 boys walked every where once they were were 2 1/2 and not a moan.

Jules12Wed
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I've got a just turned 3 year old and 2 2 year olds. I just put the youngest 2 year old in buggy and the other two walk but they are good walkers.

joshjess21
02-02-2009, 08:45 AM
I have 3 under 2. I bought a triple buggy. It is so heavy to push uphills but i now have muscles that i have never had!!!

mandy moo
02-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I have 3 under 2. I bought a triple buggy. It is so heavy to push uphills but i now have muscles that i have never had!!!

Ive just brought a double, my muscles dont know whats hit them,
I live 3/4 way up a rather steep hill, to get to school I go down then up another hill, then back down, then up my hill to home.
Ho hum..

haribo
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
haha had to laugh reading this, i started getting awful pains and numbness down both arms a few weeks ago and had just started a course of reiki (a form of healing using the energy in the hands ) well i was telling anyone who would listen that it must be working as i could feel the energy in my arms and hands ad i was all enthusiastic lol then i realised it was actually my muscles aching from pushing a new double buggy up the hill from tescos with shopping underneath haha still feel daft lol but my arms are much more toned!

oakie dokie
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
i have 4 under 3 (not by choice) and the answer to your question, with great difficulty! i have double with buggy pod ( rubbish) would like a triple. i am, having trouble walking at moment, i ruptured my achilles tenden 14 years ago but its still so painful to walk on, having physio. anyone else ruptured theirs?

louloudi
02-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I struggle with 1 under 3 and keeping and eye in afterschoolers....

Any advice on a independent 2 year old, who often refuses to hold hands. I think I have problem with the lo as he gets carried by dad everywhere or drove by mum (a all to common thing these days):(

rickysmiths
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM

Any advice on a independent 2 year old, who often refuses to hold hands. I think I have problem with the lo as he gets carried by dad everywhere or drove by mum (a all to common thing these days):(

I use reins, if I have a buggy I get them to hold onto the side and I hold onto the reins.

I have a 15mth who is carried everywhere by mum and dad and had no idea how to hold hands. I put reins on him and went on short walks to start and he holds hands really well now. Slowly, slowly.

tinkerbelle
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
i have 3 under 3 and had 4 under 3 (continutation for twins )
ive got a century double with a buggy board and a triple also with a buggy board attached must admit iv had some funny looks in tesco with this one lol hard to push though

mandy moo
03-02-2009, 10:11 AM

Any advice on a independent 2 year old, who often refuses to hold hands. I think I have problem with the lo as he gets carried by dad everywhere or drove by mum (a all to common thing these days):
(
I have a 3 1/2year old and a %yr old who run off, Ive resorted to threatening to put baby reins on them it has worked so far, if the that stops, they will be on reins!! like it or not:p

mandy moo
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
haha had to laugh reading this, i started getting awful pains and numbness down both arms a few weeks ago and had just started a course of reiki (a form of healing using the energy in the hands ) well i was telling anyone who would listen that it must be working as i could feel the energy in my arms and hands ad i was all enthusiastic lol then i realised it was actually my muscles aching from pushing a new double buggy up the hill from tescos with shopping underneath haha still feel daft lol but my arms are much more toned!

I know where your coming from, as you might have seen from a pervious thread, I have 2 steep hillto go up anddown on the way toand home again, my muscles dont know what have hitthem either:laughing: :laughing:

mushpea
03-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I have a 3yrold and a 2 yrold who have only just had their birthdays and a 15 month old. I did use a double buggy and buggy board but because the 2yrold is quite heavy i have had stop using the double and now use a single with a buggy board and the two oldest share walking and riding. I use reins on the 2yrold and they both hold the buggy when walking if they won't hold the buggy then i would use wrist straps on the 3 yrold as well. I am slowing getting them to walk further each time we go out as in the holidays i cant get everyone in the car so we will need to walk every where and town and the libary are about a mile away!
As for the 2 yearold who won't hold hands i would give hime the choice, hold hands or wear wrist strap, if he won't hold hands put the strap on him. you could even tell him its a big boys strap to keep him safe so he likes wearing it.

ChocolateChip
03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I have a 2.5, 2 and 1.5 yr old, if we are going a fair way I use the double buggy with a Litaf seat to go, if it's a short ride I might just take the double without the rider or even the single, they are all always on reins just in case!
They usually have a bit of a walk and my rule is no carries- either walk or sit in the buggy.
Funnily enough the youngest one is the best walker!

huggableshelly
04-02-2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.babyboom2000.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1675

this is a seat to go hitchiker. you attatch it like a buggy board but a child can sit or stand.

i used one on a single buggy with one child sitting on the top step fett in the buggy basket and another standing on the lower step. It is made for one child only so not a great idea but it helped to get a 3 year old home.

mine cost £45.00 and has lasted me 8 years so far but I did see some being sold on ebay. Sorry I'm not offering mine even though I do not need it right now.

Michelle M
04-02-2009, 02:07 PM
I have 4 under 3, 14 month old and my 23 month old in double buggy, and two 2 year olds on wrist staps, they happily walk to school and back just over 1.5 miles. I also have a backcarrier which I sometimes use (not often)

Am looking into a triple buggy or a buggy board, my daghter 23 months wants to walk everywhere.

Michelle x