PDA

View Full Version : I have some nice childminders in my area

jessie1
01-02-2009, 07:29 PM
On Thursday morn a local childminder called saying that she has a mom there at her place looking for childcare and gave the phone to her. She wanted care for her 14 month old 2 days a week.

Later that day I received a call from a mom based in London but moving nearer to our area and found by details from CIS. she wanted care for her 2 kids but one is 5 years old and the school that he will be attending is quite a distance away and I also dont drive. I then called previous childminder as i remembered she picked up from there and asked her if she wanted the mom and kids or just the one. She told me she has no problem doing it for me as she has a 7 seater and can pick the little boy up everyday. She did have space for the boy but not the girl but told me that its for me and I dont even have to pay her.

Just one question though, I did insist on maybe coming to an agreement as its 4 miles away and there might be a time that her mindees wont attend due to sickness, etc. Can anyone tell me how can i put this into a contract, 1st for fee (which we will agree on) and secondly that another childminder does the pickup.

Thanks (if it sounds confusing let me know)

Blaze
01-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Think I'll move to your area!:)

I would put in the addition notes section that the children will not be your responsibility untill they reach your home as they are being collected by childminder x & days were she is unable to collect due to sickness etc alternative arrangements will have to be sorted out by parents...bottom line is to keep it as simple as possible...if you can get the other childminder to sign the contract to say that she is collecting.:)

Jules27
01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
That sounds great!! i have some lovely minders in my area too. There is a small group of us who meet once a week, probably 5-8 of us. This really is one of the best forms of advertising - word of mouth/recommendation.:laughing: