PDA

View Full Version : DHC?

Little Pumpkins
01-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Hiya

Im finally going to pick up my section one certificate tomorrow lol after a year!

what I wanted to know is do I need to do the rest of the dhc when I have a btec national diploma in childhood studies

misst104
01-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I was on the DHC1 course over the last two weekends. I have a N.N.E.B nursery nursing certificate and asked if it was necessary that I do the other units in DHC. The tutor said yes as they are totally geared towards care of children in a home based setting and as such are more relevant to childminding.

HTH Jo x x x :)

jibberjitz
01-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I heard the same as Jo - unfortunately they recommend that you do the full qualification

Liz

Little Pumpkins
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
ahh well will look into it,

as long as I can run it along with the degree it will be fine

cheeky monkeys
03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
It totally depends on your area.

In Herts they do not offer DHC units 2-5, but offer funding towards NVQ level 3. Only unit 1 is compulsory.

I do not mean to sound detramental to other areas, but I've heard from people in NCMA and Tutors, DHC is only good for childminding, NVQ gives you a qualification that can take you further.

There is a web site that you can check whether your qualification is up to date and I don't have that to hand. ( Will try and find it out) In the mean time can anyone help with web site??

But hay if your doing your degree, go girl go, wish I had the time!!

Little Pumpkins
13-02-2009, 04:28 PM
hiya

I dont really have time lol, gonna have to start closing every wednesday afternoon to be able to do the degree but its so worth it

I did my enrollment to the eyfs certificate, 6 month course sounds good but alot of work! city and guilds are the awarding board if anyone else is looking into it