PDA

View Full Version : Hubby's Help?

helenlc
01-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I am posting here and not in Registered Assistants as hubby doesnt want to be my assistant, so its irrelevent.

But what I wanted to know is can I leave hubby with kids while I take others to the toilet in a public place? I will have in half term an 2 yr old, an 8 yr old, 10 yr old and poss 13 yr old (plus my own 11 yr old and 8 yr old). Hubby will be about as he was made redundant before Christmas.

If we go out for the day and hubby comes along too, if the 2 yr old needs a nappy change, can I leave the others outside with Hubby or do they all have to come in with me? Obviously he is CRB checked but not got peadiatric First Aid.

Could I do this if I got parents permission that in such a circumstance they didnt mind him being left with them for a few minutes?

sarah707
01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I would say in the world of common sense, it would be fine...

In the world of the Eyfs and Ofsted, I would get their written views on the subject -

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

:D

helenlc
01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Thank you.

As you say, common sense says should be fine but will call Mrs Ofsted this week and ask.

Pauline
01-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I know in the old days the wording was 'temporary unavoidable absence' regarding leaving a child for a short time but goodness knows now with EYFS, I would take Sarah's advice and just double check.

Common sense should rule though, surely! :rolleyes: